Lake Union 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Union 2012

What a great weather day it was for this outing on Lake Washington/Lake Union. Turnout was not bad at about eight boats. Maybe some of the others will have pictures to post. We also saw Greg Silcox a member driving one of the "Ride the Ducks. Chuck
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Looks like it was a little chilly on the water Chuck. It was warm in Kingston yesterday.
    Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
    Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Thanks for the photos!

I'm "recliner bound" this weekend so am boating "vicariously"..... Thanks for the pics.
      Greg is driving the Duck?? I've often thought that would be a great fit for me--share my passion for Seattle intermixed with dumb jokes for the tourists--a perfect fit for me! Greg, please contact me at cook8585@msn.com. I'd like to chat about that gig!
      -Ken

Comment

Jack, In the morning it was a little chilly but, after lunch it was sweatshirt time. I think this was the best weather day even counting "Opening Day " times in the past on Lake Union/Washington in years. My son ,Dan and i even had the top down.

Comment

Sorry I missed it, I just got done listing Rhapsody with a yacht broker. Hopefully someone has enough sheckles left to buy it.
          Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
          Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Wish we could have been there but I thought I could hear Rosario begging "Please don't make me go in that cold fresh water"!
            There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Jerry, You must have misunderstood her as she always like that cool fresh water when i took her out.

Comment

Ken, Are you talking about GregJ or Greg Silcox ? If you ment GregJ he always had trouble with his rubber Duck. Greg Silcox is the one i was talking about.
                Attached Files

Comment

I understand about "green" Greg....I was referring to "pink" Greg! As for myself, I always know where my duck is! -Ken

Comment

A fleet of Classics pounces on a Duck!

It was pretty cool to look behind me yesterday and see the multitude of Classic Glass coming up on me! It was a great day to be out on the water...any day is a great day for that actually. The "guests" on board were delighted to see such unique boats. They had all sorts of questions which I was able to answer, felt like I was an expert! Take care everyone.

Greg Silcox

Comment

Greg, You are an expert. It was good to see you out there, I check the Ducks out everytime I see one, lookin to give you and the tourist a wave. It seems the tourist always enjoy seeing the boat. I'm going to start caring a kazoo on board so I can get real close so I can give them a quack.
                      Greg James

Comment

Ride the Classics.....

Thanx for sharing the pics Chuck,
                        Spent the AM searching the Swap Meet at Gasworks for trincats and more "boat Booty".Kept looking toward the water feeling I was at the wrong place.Looks like a good time was had,even no boardings.
                        Scored some good running outboards and a couple chrome pcs for the soon to be revealed Fleetform.
                        Hope to be boating by early summer.
                        Greg S also does duty in the Bridges ,btw,you can sometimes see a waving Bridge tender if you look up while floating under the several bridges along the Ship Canal.
                        Now if Greg could find a way to get paid to drive his classic boat for hire........Maybe a Classic Boat version of the Ride the Ducks venture would give us all a way to retire while boating.
                        Hard part would be begging for $.......
                        TimM
                        unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
                        15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
                        SeaRay 175BR
                        Hi-Laker lapline
                        14` Trailorboat

Comment

Thanks for the photos Chuck, looks like you had a great day for the event. Good turnout, wish we could have been there.
                          Kent & Diane
                          '58 Westerner

Comment

Chuck, Thanks a lot for the pictures. I took some with my cell because I forgot my camera again but when I got home and checked for them they weren't there. I did something wrong. That was a really good event (thanks Tim). I was having some minor problems with my controler. I was having a problem with my idel rpm and getting into reverse so I got a new dock ding (easily fixed). When I got home I did some adjustments which took care of my both problems so I am ready to go again.
                            Greg James

Comment

What a great way to start the season! Once again we had beautiful weather, good food, good friends and no mechanical trouble. A pretty good turn-out with 9 boats, 17 adults, 3 kids and a dog. What more could ya ask for?

Just as we were leaving the dock at Magnuson a gentleman pulled up to launch his Larson Thunderhawk, a very nice all original boat. I tied back up and talked with him for minute, he was suprised to see a fleet of vintage boats and was intrigued to hear about the club. Quite a coincidence that he happened along while we were there.

Andy E. arranged for us to take a tour of Jensen's boat house, which was just really cool. Pretty amazing that the shop has been there since 1926, with a lot of very vintage equipment and fixtures like the traveling hoist built in the 30's and the steam bending chamber made with a section of wooden water main. Thanks to Andy for arranging the tour and to Dewitt Jensen for taking the time to give us a tour and share a little of the history of Jensen's and show us the works in progress.

Thanks to everyone who came out and made this a fun trip. I didn't get a whole lot of photos, sorry I don't have one of everyone to post.

Looking forward to Blake Island!

Tim
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X