New Boat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Boat

Well i couldnt help myself, traded a compound bow for a 1970 Glasspar Avalon looks complete has an old merc on it, been in the trees for quite a few years so boy oh boy was she a mess with moss and everything else wife was begining to think i was nuts for wanting it and trading my nice bow for it, first thing i did when i got it home was start washing her and she is begining to look like a nice boat now, although the floor needs to be replaced and i dont know if the merc runs yet. but i hope i can get the floor replaced and put her in the water to check for leaks before the end of next week, err well i want to tear out the floor and then put it in the water then put the floor in and glassed, the good thing is, the stringers are fiberglass so no replacing the stringers.

After less then an hour

Nice find. She cleaned up pretty good. I like that it has what looks like the original frame for the top. Have fun.
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

would anybody know how much she is worth how she sits, wondering what kinda value i got

Comment

Things like this come up all the time. Several of us get contacted by other folks and or find boats at free to next to free prices. Most of those boats, need Lots of work. Transoms, maybe stringers, most of the wood anyway.

So, hoping that Bow wasn't worth more than say a couple hundred bucks :Scared2:

On the other hand, doing restorations keep me the hell out of bars

Get the data off that Merc (model number) so we can determine what it is and what it might take to make it a runner.
        Make sure she turns over.
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

nope i paid $30 for the bow to sell it if i could find a buyer, as i have been trying to get rid of some of my stuff for a couple months now, i could possibly have sold the bow for about 100-125 if i found the right buyer

Comment

Judging by the decals alone, that Merc looks like a 1964 Merc 650 65 hp.

Comment

Working...
            X