Chopped Style

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chopped Style

This morning i got up at 5:30 am to go catch a ferry to pick up my new style windshield for the Skagit 20 and to get back to my job by Noon. At this time it is just laying on top of the cabin roof to check the measurements and see how it will look. Now i need to sand it,fill the little pinhole's,paint it before having Marty install the Lexan and the new WEFCO windshield rubber gasket. Marty also is the one that did the "Chopped " job from a Skagit original one. The measurement are the same as far as the height goes with my split windshield and seeing thru the same area but ,now it has a frame. I will go with the bimini top like i have before. I have always like the split style windshield that was on this boat and another one i had , but always wanted to do a chopped one. Marty and I have talked about a chopped idea since about 2006. Now to put the split windshield back on one more time for the South Sound event and just maybe i will have the chopped one ready for the LaConner show. It will be nice to see the finish product. Last picture is the old style which i will hang on to for maybe another....Humm..Chuck
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

really looks nice

Comment

Clint, When it is together, i might see about a chrome support bracket in the middle at Railmakers in Everett so when i put it's boat cover on i don't want it to cause a problem as far as the weight of it on the frame. Another thing is when the new GPS gets here on the 23rd, i will take off the GPS antenna being the new one is built inside of the new GPS head is smaller that the present old one. I did lower the seats down about 2" as well. Chuck
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Working...
      X