San Juan's make Boats U.S. magazine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Juan's make Boats U.S. magazine

A good boating friend of mine Mr. Jerry Phillips "Oldmariner" here in California sent me a scan of a page of a 4 page article on the Vinyards at the San Juan Islands in the August/September issue of BoatsUS magazine. Pretty cool!!! I'll have to go out and find a copy of that issue for some reading material on my way up North in......oh my gosh....in 3 weeks!!! I would post the scan but wouldn't that pose copywrite issues?

We are still very much looking forward to this trip and will start planning our time there soon. It would be nice to meet up with some of you folks even if it were for somethng simple as a short lunch or a quick "howdy doo" somewhere. We're thinking of either getting a motel for the Friday night the day we arrive or coming back a day early on Thursday the 23rd for some Seattle time but didn't I hear somewhere that the weekend we arrive you have a sports event that makes the town go crrazy?

Next week I'll start to plan out our stay.
    Jill S

Jill, Please keep us posted ! Getting ready for SouthSound ( south of Seattle ) event tomorrow. Looks like it will be about 5-6 boats. Chuck
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

That is a hot combination!

Chuck:

That is the best looking mobile fun system I have ever seen! You need to bring that to LaConner so I can photo graph it.

Note that the boat is slightly out of Focus, that can be fixed. Probably a depth of field issue.
      Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
      16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
      17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

Jill, if the timing works for you, don't forget the LaConner Boat & Car Show on the 11th. A lot of members will have their boats on display. Enjoy your trip north.

DMCI, Chuck is famous for having camera problems. At least the shot above didn't have any ghosts.
        Steve Kiesel
        1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Steve,DMCI, It's me that is out of focus. All kidding a side, i got another camera last year and on the San Juan trip this year at the end of the trip the lens jamed up. Now this is another new one. Here's at LC last year. Chuck
          Attached Files

Comment

Oh yea Chuck...I too admired your posted set up which looks like matching blue's? Bet ya get lots of folks rubbernecking on the road/highway for a second "Oh wow" look at that!!!:cool1: You always did and do have nice looking boats....as well as many of the other folks on this site. I've always enjoyed crusing this NW site for my "I'm crazy for cruiser's" fix.

I would have loved to have planned this trip Steve around one of the NWCBC scheduled boating events but we'll only be there for a week from the 17th to 24th. I consider this an sneaky alterior motive exploratory vacation on my dad's dime but I'm sure I'll want to come back where I can do some better planning on my own in the near future.
            Jill S

Comment

Meet + Greet fo Jill

Hey Jill,
              Hoping the group can form an impromptu meet + Greet to either welcome or send off Jill and her clan.
              Knowing they are doing the Kenmore Air trip would make sense for the central hub of town to make it accessable to more.
              I do suggest a detour on taxi ride in from Airport to either see Lake Washington or West Seattle/Alki as you arrive,rather than the normal Taxi ride along the Duwamish Industrial district,though some cool planes do come and go there.Of course ,my alterior motive is less taxis on my way to town.
              Now if we were to bring a cool old boat or two down to Lake Union/Downtown Seattle then we`d be really be stylin`.
              We can open a new thread in Events area if it seems we`ll get any takers or options for Jill.
              I also suggest we procure a Salmon and BBQ fare to give ourselves a way to show off our local eats...rather than burn a few hundred at Ivar`s or half the amt a trip to Safeway would cost.I know better than to predict catching some eats,but then again....:eating1:
              TmM
              ps the Seafair fiasco should well over by later aug so our parades and bridge closures should be all over byt then.
              unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
              15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
              SeaRay 175BR
              Hi-Laker lapline
              14` Trailorboat

Comment

Jill, I have been dealing with this one salesperson on cars since 1973 that i can trust. All i do is call him up and tell him what i want and he gives me the price i can live with. No hassle. When in 2006 i told him to look for a dark blue Ford, Les told me there was only one in The Dallas Oregon ( I got it ) and the other one had been sold. Told him i had to have a dark blue one as my boat ( Dorsett Farallon ) was dark blue.I don't think that was so dumb...Huh.. ? Samething when i had another Skagit that was Burgundy so the Jeep was Burgundy and now back to a dark blue Skagit to match the Ford again. Real Simple. If i do another boat i will have to break the chain on this color thing ,as i will not be getting anymore SUV's and besides it only has 50K miles for a 2006 model. Chuck

That Skagit in the picture to the left, was mine back in 1995 and Greg James still has it and live only four house around the corner from me. That was the first Skagit i had and the Burgundy Skagit was #3 out of 11 Skagit's i have had now among other boats since.
                Attached Files

Comment

Trip to the San Juans

Hello Jill,

Checking to see if you are planning a trip to Friday Harbor and an island tour via the Skagit Saratogan? My reservation book is filling up, so if you can give me some idea, I'll reserve an approximate time frame for you.....

Look forward to meeting you

Tim

Originally posted by Jill_S, post: 23026
                  Oh yea Chuck...I too admired your posted set up which looks like matching blue's? Bet ya get lots of folks rubbernecking on the road/highway for a second "Oh wow" look at that!!!:cool1: You always did and do have nice looking boats....as well as many of the other folks on this site. I've always enjoyed crusing this NW site for my "I'm crazy for cruiser's" fix.

I would have loved to have planned this trip Steve around one of the NWCBC scheduled boating events but

we'll only be there for a week from the 17th to 24th.

Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Saratogan Cruise

Jill : If you do anything on San Juan Island you have to book a cruise with McSkagit and ride on the biggest Skagit ever made - It's a beauty . Even if it's just a short cruise -you will love it . Send out your agenda and see what's going on when you are up here .
                    Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Originally posted by Jill_S, post: 23016
                      A good boating friend of mine Mr. Jerry Phillips "Oldmariner" here in California sent me a scan of a page of a 4 page article on the Vinyards at the San Juan Islands in the August/September issue of BoatsUS magazine. Pretty cool!!! I'll have to go out and find a copy of that issue for some reading material on my way up North in......oh my gosh....in 3 weeks!!! I would post the scan but wouldn't that pose copywrite issues?
                      Here's a link to the article.

http://www.boatus.com/magazine/2012/...er-To-Wine.asp

Comment

Working...
                      X