NW visit to San Juan's come and gone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NW visit to San Juan's come and gone

A good time was had by all for our vacation to San Juan Island of the San Juan's. Naturally we couldn't do it all but we definately packed it in for sure.

We had a nice cottage with a view, did some typical touristy whale watching, went to Canada's Sidney for a walk thru of a cool Craigsdunnsmore?? spelling?? huh?...castle then off to Victoria for the Buchart Gardens for look see. Monday we took nearly a 4 hr tour of the Islands with Tim J. in the Skaget 31 of course. Rented a Duffy boat for a few hours, went thru the Whale Museum, got lost around the little island at least 1/2 dozen times cause I couldn't get my bearings......so on and so forth

Friday my sis and I took a Sea Plane ride back to Seattle while Dad and Gary caught the ferry then drove the car back to Seattle. Tim M. so kindly picked us up for a short spin around Lake Union. Many thanks to the 2 Tim's for showing us around their neck of the woods.

Thanks again all for your suggestions of what to do and where to go......
    and that barely sctraches the surface of a good time....here are a few pics in random order.

As mentioned earlier and now that I know my way around this beautiful northwest section of the USA.... I will be back to have alittle classic fiberglass fun at one of the boat meets next year..... ?? Humm....on to the next adventure.
    Attached Files
    Jill S

Vacation in the Northwest

Great to meet you Jill and give you a tour of the islands...

Have to admit, you know how to pack a lot into a vacation!

Cheers,

Tim
    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Tim:

You ever visit deer Harbor? My favorite place in the SJ Islands since I was old enough to drive a boat.

There always seem to be a bunch of college age girls there working in the motel and the Restaurant.

Dont know what has happened there since the mid to late 70s. I also liked Roche and Rosario when they offered transient moorage. Don't know if they still do.

When I get my 17 Utility finished, I'll have to investigate them.

D. :cool1:
      Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
      16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
      17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

San Juan Islands Tour

We covered 37 nautical miles as follows:
        Blakely Marina, Peavine Pass, Obstruction Pass, Leiberhaven Resort, Olga, Rosario Resort, Harney Channel, Orcas Landing, The former Kaiser Estate in Westsound, Pole Pass, Deer Harbor and Jones Island State Park.
        Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

California Girls

Jill,
          Glad your time was well spent, you and your sister were a joy to show around.
          Also glad I knew where the Wizard Crab boat was hidden (while they open-air grinded on their rusty hull,NO CONTAINMENT at all) just across the Ship canal.They push a large barge up against the name while docked for some reason.....
          I`ll always remember that wide grin as she took a few pics,then shouted "I got it" like she just landed a King Salmon.:catchfish1:
          These "California Girls" know how to have some fun.
          TimM
          unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
          15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
          SeaRay 175BR
          Hi-Laker lapline
          14` Trailorboat

Comment

Working...
          X