What would you do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do?

I live on East Grand in North Everett. Since Monday I have noticed a 25' cabin cruiser anchored out in the middle of the river. The first day was no big deal. The second day I thought maybe it was working on something, checking depth for dredging or survey of some sort. today I looked at it closer and saw nothing that made it look commercial so I waited till tonight to see if it had anchor lights on. It is dark. I called 911 as a concerned citizen at 9:30 and it is now midnight. The boat is still there and EPD has not contacted me yet. I would hate it if some old guy fell and cant get up. Or any other bad scenario. Any ideas? John

Might be one of the abandoned boats they news people keep saying continue to pop up.

Tom

Comment

What to do...?

John -

I'd probably launch my boat and take a closer look, if the police can't be spurred into action. If somebody is aboard and in trouble, the clock is ticking.

Tim might be right about it being abandoned...in which case, of course, you ask yourself if you'd like a 25-foot cabin cruiser? (If there's evidence of abandonment--missing WN numbers or whatever--the authorities might be glad to have someone take the problem, and public expense, off their hands.)

- Marty
      http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Call the Coast Guard

If it is in the middle of the Snohomish River with no anchor lights on it is an obstruction to navigation and the Coast Guard should be called. This section of the river is used by tug boats, and large fish boats.
        1956 Enduracraft Monterey
        1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
        1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

..days of yore or was that yesyerday?

Since the authorities don't seem interested...perhaps you could board it using a grappling hook from your skiff, it would make a nice mothership for plundering NW waters.

Comment

Sounds like time for target practice!

Comment

Working...
            X