Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about that! Dick Dow on on CBC.

Hi yourself!

AKA, the former owner, Mr. Dow has been extremely helpful with a myriad of questions and issues. (I bet you thought I didn't know how spell myriad!)

Things are proceeding apace with everything on order through the Mercury "sees all interface gauge" with the Nema 2000 Gateway. I'm expecting the motor to be delivered to the vendor by the end of next week with controls, propeller, harness, and probably a quarter of a ton of cardboard. I have to tell you Dick, everybody loves that boat, even the fabricator said I really have something going there.
    Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
    16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
    17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

I would like to know why a 16' is too small for serious PS adventures?
      I have been all over the PS from boats of 13' to 17' on many adventures even when the water is really rough. why would one say that unless they don't know how to handle a boat.

Outlaw
      John & Colleen Weston
      Carlyon Beach, Olympia,WA
      lookin for the right boat

Comment

I have to agree with you. I've had my 14 marathon at Jeff Head fishing in the big waters, Point No Poiont from Kingston, Foul Weather Bluff from Hood Canal, and all the way down to Blake Island and Bremerton. As long as the weather is decent, it is a great go anywhere boat. That being siad, I have been caught out in some rough waters before as well. It handles it well enough, but it isn't something I'd do on purpose!

I certainly wouldn't take it up to Deception Pass or any of the known nasty waterways round the sound either.
        John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
        Past Affairs:
        '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

My 16ft Skimaster has gone through Deception pass quit a few times very safely. Clint

Comment

I wouldn't take a small boat out in bad weather but if I got caught out I can still get home. I have been in 8 to 10 ft seas with 20 to 30 mph winds in our 17' uniflite with no problems but it's what ya know how to handle it, not what ya think ya know.

Outlaw
            John & Colleen Weston

Comment

I would take my 15' boat just about anywhere around here, but not any time. If it's too rough I won't go out. I've been in some water that has made me uncomfortable. The waves weren't so bad, but the screaming from my passengers was almost unbearable.

Comment

:Good one:

I've been looking for an opportunity use that .

I used to get that once in a while in my 27 with the pointy end. When I would open it up to my normal cruising speed of 30 kn. When they complained like that I would just jump on the throttle and take her up to 60. Then back off slowly, and for some reason 30 kn didn't bother them anymore.

I guess you would call that a form of conditioning.
                Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
                16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
                17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

HA, ya got em so scared they didn't dare say any more. didn't know what ya was going to do next. that's funny.

Outlaw :Bigdriving1:
                  John & Colleen Weston

Comment

Working...
                  X