That Time Has Come....NMB !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Time Has Come....NMB !

Well i guess i have been told .......this " Grumpy old man " needs to start looking to the future. It looks like that time has now come in a person's life to start liquidating all of my extra boat items ( lines,gas tanks,fenders,etc ) that are now posted in the classified. I just sold DMCI the Skagit 18 so i'am down to the Dorsett. Going to list on CraigsL. Our plan is to sale the house ( to big for 2 people) next Spring - Summer 2014 and in the meantime get rid of a lot of items in the house after 42 years. The only thing i will keep is the Skagit 20. Chuck
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Just so long as you keep Bainbridge!

If you don't find a taker for the Dorsett, let me know. I'd like to cut the upper bow off for a man cave project I have in mind. I'm in Poulsbo, so its a quick trip to get to your place before you haul her off.
    John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
    Past Affairs:
    '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Hey Chuck what the heck. I thought i was Grumpy... oh thats right wrong character i am "eeyore"

Still look forward to seeing you on the water. Where you two going to move to? North / South / East ? West? My son moved to Cle Elum and i would love to move over there.
      John & Diane Kelly

Comment

Our thinking is to stay in the Mill Creek area as two out of three of our son's are in this area with the grandkids. We more or less have a whole year to think about that. I just might be able to talk my "81 year old girl friend" neighbor into letting me put up my 40'shelter on a part of her 2 1/2 acre's for the Skagit and there is a self serve car wash up the street to wash it after each time going out. As far as power in the boat, i have a power converter so i can vacuum the rug.....no problem. Hope to see you out on the water this year ! Chuck

Comment

Green Acres is the place to be!

Hey Chuck,

There's lots of empty land on the north end of the Kitsap Peninsula, and unlike Mill Creek, we are not in a convergence zone. In fact we are in the Olympic rain shadow albeit right at the eastern edge.

The last two weekends while you had snow, rain, hail, and more rain, we were working out in the yard and only had to duck a couple afternoon showers.

Just a suggestion, I know Momma makes the rules, just like at my house.
          Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
          Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Jack, You are living in a great area. I more or less grew up in Kitsap County from a summer home on the beach on Bainbridge Island ( that's how i got into boating ) and we had a Resort ( Island Lake ) that we sold to the county back in about 1995 by Silverdale that we where at all of the time. We have a son that lives on Whidbey Island at this time too. The other two son's live in Woodinville. So that takes care of that ? I have been trying for years to get Sheila to move over there , but she wants to stay close to the grandkids. See you in June! Chuck

Comment

Working...
            X