Skagit 18 New Home

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skagit 18 New Home

My former Skagit 18 went to her new home this Sunday am ! Dave McIntyre ( DMCI ) met me at the Everett launch ramp to put her on his new trailer. New trailers sure do make a old boats look a lot better.This Skagit will have a Merc 90hp coming soon and a bunch of other great electronic items. Dave have a lot of fun with her ! Best,Chuck
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

I just have to say one little thing, if you ever buy a boat from somebody buy it from Chuck. Is obvious that guy went the extra mile to get the boat ready. He even brought me touchup paint for any areas that needed it and there weren't many and catalogs full of notes on things I should buy to bring the boat up to speed.

We took the boats down to the launch and launched both trailers in the water, and proceeded to do rather well organized swap. Push one off then moved over to the other trailer and cranked it back on. Then we strapped her down and adjusted the trailer. I bought a crescent wrench to do the job but Chuck had the proper socket and a combination wrench and made short work of the adjustments., Then Chuck needed to talk about the whole exercise for about 30 more minutes which is okay, Chuck had marked up catalogs suggested items which we talked about.

We finished up almost on time, which is lucky because Chuck had many things scheduled for the rest of the day. Oh, and I was completely dry by the time I got home. Great day and wonderful new boat.
    Attached Files
    Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
    16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
    17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

You certainly got that right, Dave. When dealing with Chuck, you get the whole package. There aren't a lot of people I know who would offer to sell me a boat and I'd feel comfortable with making the deal without even first seeing the boat.
      There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Sorry Dave got his pants wet. Before i knew it he had started to wade out. By then i thought ,"O" well i guess i will let him. lol Chuck
        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Working...
        X