Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shout out to Rick Love and Ingvar Carlson...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shout out to Rick Love and Ingvar Carlson...

…for their time and effort on retrieving, storing, and delivering a finned glassic from Washington to California.

I’ll try to keep this story short. Just over a year ago, there was a Reinell Jetabout listed and advertised here on NWCBC. Ingvar Carlson, on his way up back to Washington from Southern California, had recently picked up a ’61 Dorsett Catalina from my cousin, Gemmel, and delivered to Chuck Carey. Anyway, Ingvar was interested in the American Marc Stardust on the driveway that my cousin and I partnered in and wanted to purchase the glassic. So my cousin came up with the idea that since Ingvar was planning to pick up the Stardust in Sacramento someday, we asked if he would be willing to trailer the Jetabout from Washington to Sacramento. Gemmel wanted this boat and I did the leg work for him. I communicated with Rick about the glassic. He checked it over for us a couple of times and took some pictures. The owner and I agreed on the price, I sent the payment to Rick, Rick picked up the boat, and stored it for us for a little while. Than Ingvar picked up the glassic from Rick and stored it at his place until last month. Ingvar finally came down from Washington with the Jetabout in tow, delivered to Sacramento, and Ingvar got his American Mark Stardust. Everything worked out for both Ingvar and Gemmel, with the help of Rick and me. This was a collaborate effort among NWCBC members and that we are so grateful for their time and effort, all of this to help a fellow glasshead just so he can get and save another finned glassic. It works both ways right Rick and Chuck? California boats to Washington and visa versa. So thank you again to Rick Love and Ingvar Carlson from Sacramento, CA. We couldn’t have done this without you two. You made my cousin a very happy guy, even though he already has too many boats. You guys are great.

Eduardo & cousin Gemmel
    Attached Files

Two way hyway !

Glad you got the boat ! I've pulled two boats out of California and the last one Chuck had an "all points bulletin" out for me when he posted on Cal. Glassics that a guy was driving at night taking one from Napa Valley to Washington. Kind of funny to see the flyer in the back ground and to see the work Its had since we pulled the boat home for you ?? Does not seem like that long ago . Glad Gemmel got the boat and it's good to see it in the hands of somebody that will fix it up. You guys do great work . It's a funny hobby and there are alot of enablers out there. Been working more on the trailers than boats lately but have to get back at it - Thanks for the shout out Eduardo and good to hear from you. Still have that Delta run on my bucket list
    Attached Files
    Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Good to hear from you guys down South ! Yea i have pull about 4 boats from California. The Dorsett Farallon, G-3 California Girl, A Skagit SkiMaster , and Dorsett Cat. Rick, Trailer looking go ! Starting to get the bug a little bit maybe on one of those everytime i see a picture of your trailer. We been thru the 23'-26' size trailer and a Motorhome in past years. I see you are still using the Lowe's blocks. Still have mine. Best,Chuck
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Lowes blocks

Originally posted by SkagitGuy, post: 24927
        Good to hear from you guys down South ! Yea i have pull about 4 boats from California. The Dorsett Farallon, G-3 California Girl, A Skagit SkiMaster , and Dorsett Cat. Rick, Trailer looking go ! Starting to get the bug a little bit maybe on one of those everytime i see a picture of your trailer. We been thru the 23'-26' size trailer and a Motorhome in past years. I see you are still using the Lowe's blocks. Still have mine. Best,Chuck
        I have about 20 of them - I use them for everything. Step stools - I painted under my eves of the house and stacked them up like a short scaffold . They are very handy and free ! Can't make it to Blake Island - Have not fired up the boat at all this season and have a bunch to do to get it ready - lot going on at home and a bunch of stuff happening at work - new projects keeping me very busy :shocked3:
        Rick & Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by bham-rick, post: 24924
          Glad you got the boat ! I've pulled two boats out of California and the last one Chuck had an "all points bulletin" out for me when he posted on Cal. Glassics that a guy was driving at night taking one from Napa Valley to Washington. Kind of funny to see the flyer in the back ground and to see the work Its had since we pulled the boat home for you ?? Does not seem like that long ago . Glad Gemmel got the boat and it's good to see it in the hands of somebody that will fix it up. You guys do great work . It's a funny hobby and there are alot of enablers out there. Been working more on the trailers than boats lately but have to get back at it - Thanks for the shout out Eduardo and good to hear from you. Still have that Delta run on my bucket list
          I have the Delta on my bucket list too. Fact, might relocate down that way some day too.
          I to have one of those trailers.
          Mine is a 1967 but I forget the name of it. It was used as my office in front of the shop in Quilcene. Mine is like my boats, cars, trucks, needs work.
          Attached Files
          Helmar Joe Johanesen
          1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
          1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
          Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
          2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
          http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

twice the fun !

Looks like you have two of them ?? Mine is a 1968 Kustom Koach made in Alder grove B.C. Maybe someday we can take a road trip to the Delta- Eduardo is the Delta King !! I can take my California boat down to cruise with his Bellingham "Bell Boy Banshee " I always love the pictures from the Delta on Cal. Glassics and also Lake Shasta - Someday
            Rick & Sarah

Comment

Come on down NWCBC members...

...to what I call our national sanctuary. Rick, Chuck, and Helmar, we welcome any of you and we'd love to host NWCBC memnbers on the Delta.

You remember Mike Moore, Pathfinder or "The Pirate"? He'd post here on your board once in a while. This past April 6th, we dedicated our 1st Annual Day on the Delta to Mike Moore, a tribute to the many times when he would travel 3 hours with his wife just so he can be here for one of our Delta runs, or his many posts here on our Golden State Glassics forum. Not sure if you guys knew but he had just passed recently. Anyway, there were 4 members from the Old Boats Rule glassic community in SoCal that made it up for this year's Day on the Delta and since they stayed for the weekend, my wife and I hosted them for a Second Day on the Delta. Here's the link to that thread:

[ame="http://goldenstateglassics.com/showthread.php?t=3621"]2013 Day on the Delta[/ame]

Check it out. You'll like it. It was their first visit to the Delta and they absolutely loved it. If you guys come down, we'll organize something just for you guys.

Yes, Rick, your trailer is looking nice. Like I said to you before, we'll have one someday. Got to get rid of some boats first. I love these vintage travel trailers. There was a three day Vintage Travel Trailer ralley here on the Delta last year, Towerfest 2012 at Tower Park Marina that we went to with some friends and a GSG member. What fun. The entire vintage travel trailer had an open house and anyone was free to check out these trailers. We'll probably go back this year to see them again. It was in August last year.

And Rick, if you check out the 2013 Day on the Delta link, you'll find another Bellingham boat, a rare one I believe, or I've not seen one of these before. Let me know what you think. You'll enjoy the many pictures that were taken on that weekend.

My wife and I vacationed up in your beautiful country a few summers ago and stayed in the Olympic National Park and the San Juan Islands. Met Marty Loken and Chuck Carey for the first time. We had so much fun. It was absolutely beautiful there. We especially loved the San Juan Islands staying on Orcas Island and spent the day at Friday Harbor.

I almost feel like I'm part of the Northwest already, owning three of your boats, both from Bellingham and another from Marysville. You already know of my Banshee. My cousin can do better than that; he owns three from Bellingham and one from Marysville.

Do you recognize that white cruiser behind the Banshee?

During our March Big Dogs Lunch Run, a rare Bell Boy Hardtop

This Bell Boy has fins too

Someday, I'll cruise along with you guys. That's on our bucket list. Thanks again to the fine members of the NWCBC.

Eduardo & Mercedes

Comment

Nice shots! That bell boy sure looks nice in red!
                John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
                Past Affairs:
                '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Eduardo , Nice boats and pictures ! Here some pictures of Gemmel BellBoy ( behind Eduardo boat at the dock that was Marty's ) when it was up here on Puget Sound by Seattle. Can you e-mail me regarding Mike Moore ? Thanks,Chuck

charles.carey@comcast.net
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks John...

Originally posted by TheBronze, post: 24942
                    Nice shots! That bell boy sure looks nice in red!
                    I always said that red is the best color on the water, IMHO. When I got her, she was originally red.

Eduardo

Comment

Thanks Chuck...

Originally posted by SkagitGuy, post: 24944
                      Eduardo , Nice boats and pictures ! Here some pictures of Gemmel BellBoy ( behind Eduardo boat at the dock that was Marty's ) when it was up here on Puget Sound by Seattle. Can you e-mail me regarding Mike Moore ? Thanks,Chuck

charles.carey@comcast.net
                      ...I'll call you tomorrow.

Eduardo

Comment

I love red also !

Red is a great color for boats ,and I have a few shots of Gemmels boats from that same cruise chuck took his . Too bad about Mike - I followed his ordeal that he posted from his leg to the end - Never met him but he sure sounded like a tough guy !! He really enjoyed life even with the crummy cards he was dealt . Sarah and I are trying to start planning a trip to Cal. for next year so we may do a caravan with two rigs - one with a boat and the other with a trailer. Send us some pictures of the work as you do it on the Reinell - I'll check out the pictures and see if I can spot the other B'ham boat - is it a Norseman or Uniflite ??
                        Attached Files
                        Rick & Sarah

Comment

Rick, There was a few times i talked to Mike on the phone. Gave him a 1949 1 1/2 hp Evinrude that he got running and would get him home on that lake in Navada when his big motor would fail. In your 2nd picture see that house ( red roof ) on the water on the left by the picture edge? That was our summer home in the 40's and 50's where the Davis Craft spent it's time. I also see Rosario in the background of your 3rd picture up by Anacortes. Chuck

Comment

Hey Rick...

Originally posted by bham-rick, post: 24952
                            Sarah and I are trying to start planning a trip to Cal. for next year so we may do a caravan with two rigs - one with a boat and the other with a trailer. Send us some pictures of the work as you do it on the Reinell - I'll check out the pictures and see if I can spot the other B'ham boat - is it a Norseman or Uniflite ??
                            ...we hope you and Sarah will make it down to Norcal someday soon. You won't regret it. Have you figured out the "other" B'ham boat yet?

Eduardo & Mercedes

Comment

Bell Boy

Is it the Bell Boy with the hard top in front ?
                              Rick & Sarah

Comment

Working...
                              X