Blake Island ....Rescheduled

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blake Island ....Rescheduled

Being there has not been an exactly overwhelming response to our Blake Island outing this Saturday April 20th,the event will be rescheduled at a later date with maybe better weather.Only one person has said they would be coming if the weather was decent. Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Chuck:

Frankly, I'm happy about that. Maybe the red boat will be ready by then.

They're working on the blue boat now, and the red boat is next. Still waiting for the backordered gauges. So thanks for postponing the event.

By the way, the guy with 85 Evinrude is having that motor worked on and then plans to put it in the water, and wants me to showing how to run the boat. I'm thinking about having the blue boat lifted into the water, so that he will have a way to get back if the motor tanks on him. I've offered to sell him my 55 which is much more reliable motor in my opinion, but he's thinking about.

If I have a functioning vessel by the time the event rolls around, I will definitely be there come high water, or whatever.
    Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
    16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
    17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

Oh good. I was thinking of popping by, but i'm in the process of polishing the metal on the dodger and I'm stalled out on a broken bit in a cleat....
      John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
      Past Affairs:
      '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Blake Island ....June 23rd Reschedule ?

Does anyone want to reschedule Blake Island event for June 23rd ? That'a a Sunday so maybe more family's could attend ? ? I'am trying to make this work for everyone. Please let me know what you think. Thanks, Chuck

Comment

Chuck:

I'm trying to get ready as best as I can. The motor for the blue boat is in, but now it's over at the shipbuilder getting the tanks fixed. I'm a little concerned that the 16 is not enough boat for that activity. The red boat with a slightly bigger motor should be perfect, but that motor is still a month out with installation.

The other problem is, I haven't run a flat bottom boat ever, and it makes me a little nervous until I get a little wheel time. I just don't know how the thing will react in a chop. I know the theory, but until you actually do it you don't know. At least, I not will be concerned about reliability. If I can get Toby organized with his ship at least all have a cruising backup.

So if the blue boat is ready by then, I will definitely go. I hope you pick a day with minimal weather. I still have to install radios and other gear to bring the thing up to speed. In the past that part of the sound which is something you blew through, so I'm looking forward to your cruise when I get the equipment.

I am writing this from a hotel room in Aalen, Germany near Stuttgart. Weather is beautiful and all I have to look forward to is leaving here at 0500 hours on a train for Vienna Austria tomorrow morning, then a quick flight home from Vienna through O'Hare.
          Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
          16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
          17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

Originally posted by SkagitGuy, post: 25113
            Does anyone want to reschedule Blake Island event for June 23rd ? That'a a Sunday so maybe more family's could attend ? ? I'am trying to make this work. Please let me know what you think. Thanks, Chuck

Hi Chuck,

Sunday, June 23 would be a good day for us.

B&T

:boater1:
            1962 Elgin 14 foot Runabout

Comment

Dave, I do understand what you are saying ,but if you launch your SkiMaster around Seattle and stay somewhat near to shore and not out in the shipping lanes you should be fine. Just keep the bow up. I had a SkiMaster and they do ride pretty well in 2'-3' chop. Hope you have been having a great time on your trip !

Bruce , Ok if you and Dave can make it ,that will be three of us to start with.

Chuck

Comment

could be fun! That is just a hop skip and a jump from Liberty Bay, the home waters of the Jammie Dodger! If nothing family wise comes up, we'll give it a try. That and weather. Getting through the channel before the big water is sometimes tricky with tides and wind. Big chop is no fun in a 14 foot boat!
                John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
                Past Affairs:
                '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Working...
                X