X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IT's A "GO" FOR SUNDAY !

1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Perfect, that gives me today and tomorrow to work on the boat and get it finished up. Barring heavy rain early Sunday morning I am a go, as we discussed see you Everett. I expect to have my rig there around 830 as discussed.

It has a name, numbers on it now, and I expect to have the electronics finished by tomorrow evening.
    Attached Files
    Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
    16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
    17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

Ok, understand 0800 Sunday!
      Dave

17 Skagit

Comment

Dave,Glad you are trying to make it for Sunday! See you at the Everett boat ramp at 8AM. Chuck

Comment

Bruce & Toby , Could you call me today. Home 425-seven43-zero820 / Office 425-Seven42-four319. Thanks,Chuck

Comment

Just to clarify, the time you and Dave are meeting is 8AM, or the meet has been rescheduled to 8AM?
            John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
            Past Affairs:
            '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

John, That's when Dave & I are meeting in Everett at the boat ramp. Sorry about that.

Comment

No worries! Looking forward to seeing folks there.
                John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
                Past Affairs:
                '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Toby and I will be going over to Blake Island on Saturday and camping there Saturday night.

We look forward to seeing everyone on Sunday!

Bruce
                  1962 Elgin 14 foot Runabout

Comment

Man that trip sounds like fun. unfortunatly my hedge has taken over my schedule. How rediculus is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy E., post: 25365
                      Man that trip sounds like fun. unfortunatly my hedge has taken over my schedule. How rediculus is that?
                      Andy?:

You know that your priorities are slightly screwed up, right? Clipping a hedge when you could go boating??

I can suggest six other days with lots of afternoon sunlight where you could be chopping hedges. We have one cruise scheduled in the next 10 days, so unless this is a excuse to stay home and watch TV, you better get your boat out and start washing it.

Chuck doesn't do this very often, and if we can get him away from his computer for a few minutes to run down the Salt Chuck then it's worth the time. (For those of you not familiar with the term Chuck, it is an Indian word meaning water. Most often associated with the other Indian word skookum which means strong in Indian, it is one of those words that I grew up with.)
                      Dave

17 Skagit

Comment

I am planning to come on Sunday with my Celeste in "Celeste" (kinda obvious, huh?) on Sunday. Will launch early from Tacoma. In my rush to get the boat ready I cannot find my anchor! Can someone throw an extra if you have one? I will bring my anchor buddy and lots of line...so something will work out. Maybe someone "borrowed" it out of the boat.......?? Chuck??
                        Ken

Comment

Originally posted by Ken, post: 25368
                          I am planning to come on Sunday with my Celeste in "Celeste" (kinda obvious, huh?) on Sunday. Will launch early from Tacoma. In my rush to get the boat ready I cannot find my anchor! Can someone throw an extra if you have one? I will bring my anchor buddy and lots of line...so something will work out. Maybe someone "borrowed" it out of the boat.......?? Chuck??
                          Ken
                          Found my anchor!

Comment

No boat!

Well gang, with all my enthusiasm and trying to encourage other people to go this Sunday today. It seems my darn boat will not be ready, I been working like crazy trying to get the electronics installed in the wiring updated, and it seems like every little job rather than taking two minutes takes a whole day.

Last night I tore into the running lights wiring and I was amazed what I ran into. Seems over the years the original wiring has been spliced, added to, modified and otherwise may do for another year. On top of that some well-meaning person removed and glassed over the stern light fitting but of course left the wiring.

Then on top of that putting in a lot of bolts and things I try to get somebody to help me tighten up the screws (i.e. hold the other side while I tighten the nuts), and of course nobody was around.

So, I will be on a cruise if I get somebody to give me a ride. I will talk to Chuck. I plan to meet him as scheduled in Everett.

The darn boat needs to be made legal. If were stopped by a boating safety detachment the way things are now they would have a field day. I'd probably end up paying fines worth more than the boat does.

The last week I've been working on the boat all day every day in contemplation of this cruise. I'm really unhappy that the boat is ready.
                            Dave

17 Skagit

Comment

I spoke with Chuck this morning about them not going because of the rain. After speaking with my wife and listening to the marine forecast, she still wants to go, so we will grab our rain gear and launch from Pt. Defiance later this morning. Maybe it will clear up. We have relatives in a 35' Tolly staying this weekend on the west side of the island. Maybe they'll make us something warm to drink! I'll report back later....

Comment

Working...
                              X