does this look original on a skagit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does this look original on a skagit?

i wish someone have a boat looks like this so i can see if the inside is the same,as far as i know the 2 front seat is not original and i don,t know why someone would paint the window inside the cabin.
    Attached Files

Wish I could help but my Crystal Ball is on the fritz so I can't see what you're referring to.

Comment

Okay,who have a Skagit 20 with a complete interior pic?i just want to know if the lay out is the same.

Comment

Originally posted by commander, post: 2468
        Okay,who have a Skagit 20 with a complete interior pic?i just want to know if the lay out is the same.
        Looks like a 1959 Express and mine is a 59 Offshore but have been in the Express's and it looks pretty normal layout to me.
        My windows are crazed pretty bad and some of the other 59's seemed to be that way so I would suspect that is why they painted them. Can't think of any other reason to do that.

Mine won't work as everything has been changed.
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

The following link is currently not working but you may want to bookmark it and check back as it should have quite a bit of info: http://www.fiberglassics.com/skagit/

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar, post: 2469
            Looks like a 1959 Express and mine is a 59 Offshore but have been in the Express's and it looks pretty normal layout to me.
            My windows are crazed pretty bad and some of the other 59's seemed to be that way so I would suspect that is why they painted them. Can't think of any other reason to do that.

Mine won't work as everything has been changed.
            Now that I have gone and looked at your other photos of this boat, I see she might be one of the Late Late 58's produced as the upper windshield looks to be the same as the 59 skagits.

Maybe, just Maybe, someone upgraded to the full 59 Skagit windshield?
            Never the less, that looks pretty nice.
            Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

I'd like to have pedestal seating like that in my Offshore BUT...I'm worried about the twisting and the tork onthem when in heavy seas. Don't need them breaking off with me on it, (or anyone else for that matter).
              Currently I'm working on another making smaller cabinets and placing the seats on swivels on them to eliminate the pedestals.

I hadn't thought of painting the windows either...but like Halmar said, the windows are crazed badly. I'm holding out hope for a miracle way to replace them.

Other than that it looks pretty good to me!
              Terry B.
              Terry Baker - Oak Harbor

1959 Skagit 20 Offshore

Comment

Originally posted by ternkeim, post: 2512
                I'd like to have pedestal seating like that in my Offshore BUT...I'm worried about the twisting and the tork onthem when in heavy seas. Don't need them breaking off with me on it, (or anyone else for that matter).
                Currently I'm working on another making smaller cabinets and placing the seats on swivels on them to eliminate the pedestals.

I hadn't thought of painting the windows either...but like Halmar said, the windows are crazed badly. I'm holding out hope for a miracle way to replace them.

Terry B.
                Hey Terry.
                I looked at your Personal Profile and noticed, No pictures of your boat in your Album?
                Would you share with us please
                It would be nice if I didn't have to nag everyone to do that but I guess its my job
                Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Originally posted by ternkeim, post: 2512

Terry B.
                  Terry, I have never had a problem with the pedestal seats in any of the boats i have had and i know of a friend with the same results. Best,Chuck
                  Attached Files
                  1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                  1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

I posted some just this morning..Hmmm...... Guess I'll try it again.

Terry B.

Ok...I just checked and they are in my album called Terry's Skagit. In fact...I just added 1 of the inside.
                    Terry Baker - Oak Harbor

1959 Skagit 20 Offshore

Comment

Originally posted by ternkeim, post: 2524
                      I posted some just this morning..Hmmm...... Guess I'll try it again.

Terry B.

Ok...I just checked and they are in my album called Terry's Skagit. In fact...I just added 1 of the inside.
                      Looks good Terry. Nice Skagit
                      Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

That makes me glad I took them from a distance! Up close it's1 ugly craft!! But she was pretty at 1 time in her life.

Thanks for saying so anyway,
                        Terry B.
                        Terry Baker - Oak Harbor

1959 Skagit 20 Offshore

Comment

Your pics look just like the interior of my 1959 Skagit 20' Express. Have fun with the interior but save the table! I love the original table in mine, it screams 1950's! It is the same type my mom and dad had in the kitchen when I was a kid.

Greg Jr.

Comment

Working...
                          X