1959 Skagit 20 Convertible

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1959 Skagit 20 Convertible

Appreciate any information on a new project which fell in my lap, a coral and white inboard convertible. I have most of the documentation from new when it was sold to the Lake Mead Marina. It eventually worked its way north in 2002 and came to BC Canada about 3 years ago. The engine is a Chrysler M-80 V8 318 cu in. I would be curious to know how many inboards where built in this series hull and if anyone out there is familiar with this particular boat as it was in Oregon and Washington for around 10 years. The gelcoat is remarkably good and the hull and stringers seem OK. Will attempt to get some photos on site in the next week or so. Thanks for any help! Martyn

Pictures will be what most of the boys will remember it by so, yes, pictures as soon as you can.

I would hope the stringers are ok as I have never seen a Skagit without fiberglass stringers.
    Tim Jones, Marty Loken are some that might have more information about them.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

20 Ft Skagit Convert

Hello. Try as I might and can't add photos to this location. The probelm is two-fold. Firstly I am computer challenged. I hate the things and much prefer stuff that can be fixed with a 3/8 drive socket set. Secondly, my computer is needing some upgrades which need to be done by someone who understands these things. All this to say if you email me at martynhough@shaw.ca I will be more than happy to send pictures.
      Helmar, thanks for your response. I have inspected the hull closely and see no evidence of rot ot decay of any kind. The stringers seem find - no delamination of the encapsulating fibreglass or areas that look problematic. I am certain this was a factory inboard, not a modified outboard. The hourmeter shows around 430 hours so i think with some TLC i can get the engine running again. Here's Hoping! Martyn
      Attached Files

Comment

I just sent you a email with some questions. I am sure we can help :email1:
        Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

How about pictures of the dog house, engine and cockpit area as well.
          Need more pictures :TakePicture1::TakePicture1:
          Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Working...
          X