Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McSkagit....

Tim -

Yes, she's fastened with copper rivets, which are holding just fine. The bilge areas are sanitary, and I've only found one break in a rib--nothing of consequence.

If you're interested in a buy-back on the Tyee, that would be great. I'm still in selling mode, and the titles are still in your name!

- Marty
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

How much do you want for her Marty.....

Comment

Hey Marty,
        Well, my finances are on hurt status, so if you find another buyer for the Tyee, go for it. At the monent I need to sell something to be able to finish the Saratogan.

The Luhrs, is that your "Inside Passage" boat? Good one for that trip. I would like to do the passage next Summer...in the Saratogan no less...

I like the shape of the Luhrs. Wide flared bow and tumblehome in stern.

Tim
        Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Wow!

Very beautiful boat, Marty--looks perfect for you. I look forward to seeing it! -Ken

Comment

Hey Marty,

How about "O slo Motion"?
            Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
            Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

love wood boats and this one looks it has some nice inside wood also. congrats on the new ride.

Comment

Pictures Don't Do Her Justice

That is a truely beautiful boat. It is much bigger in the cockpit than it appears, and has a ton of storage under the deck. The front cabin windows are hinged at the top and are held open in any posistion with this really slick slider bar.

This boat has a generous amount of camber on all raised surfaces. I've always liked the lapstrake design because it deflecks spray so well. This boat should be a very dry boat.

Don't get me started about the engine.

Nice score Marty!

Doug Griffith

Comment

If that engine has a distributor with the typical automotive centrifugal and/or vacuum advance I can't urge you strongly enough to service it...if I had a nickle for every older car I've worked on that had frozen centrifugal or dead vacuum canister I could balance the Federal budget. There is so much potential power and fuel economy to be rediscovered with a properly functioning ignition advance!

Straining what few brain cells I have left...if memory serves, these Mopar flattys have replaceable water jacket sleeves that ofter rot out and clog the block...so if you encounter overheating or hot running and have eliminated all the typical causes then you may be experiencing this.

Comment

"White Boy"

Actually, that would be sorta appropriate...

A beautiful boat, and one that will serve you well in these waters - Congratulations!

Marty, I'll send you the official renaming ceremony that must be followed with any boat - if you would like it. It's pretty complete, and all "old salts" that I have talked to swear by it. (May have something to do with the amount of Champagne required, but regardless - a "must perform").

I'm still trying to find a time and place to do the ceremony for the Tolly.

Dick

Comment

Hey I need one too Dick?

I've renamed my Bertram: Last One Hun II . Seems like a good ceremony for many of us?

Comment

Doug, that's a good one ! Chuck
                        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Working...
                        X