Fire Boat in LaConner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Boat in LaConner

My friend Ron, just bought a 1927 fire boat, soon to be moored here in LaConner.

The City of Seattle Fire Department’s fireboat Alki is expected to come chugging up the Swinomish Channel to its new berth at La Conner Marina on Friday. Fire and rescue boat Alki was bought at auction by Ken Gundersen of La Conner and Ron Rennebohm, who owns Frontier Ford in Anacortes. Gundersen and Rennebohm said they plan to keep the 1927 boat in top shape and preserve it for its historical significance. Area residents can expect to see it in future boat parades and other special events.The Alki has been maintained and was in use as a reserve firefighting boat by the Seattle Fire Department until this summer. During the past 10 years, faster and more powerful firefighting boats, including the Alki’s replacement, the Leschi, have been put in service.

She will be at Deceptiontion pass around 3:00 Friday, so the press can take photos. Then off to LaConner.

Steve[ATTACH]14718[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files

Steve, Thanks for posting that great information ! I just hope Ken and Ron can maintain her as you know it is a BIG job to do. Chuck.
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Cool!
      Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Neat! Alki came to Poulsbo several years ago for some event that I can't recall. She fired up her hoses and made a pretty show of water in front of the public dock. And also filled the bay with large amounts of diesel exhaust! (it was a calm day). Good to see that she is getting a well earned retirement instead of a trip to the scrap yard.
        John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
        Past Affairs:
        '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Working...
        X