Ok....Must be a good story here....
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

This was not the plan. What happen was i stop off at Greg Silcox house a block from me to say hello after not see him for the last few months.Out front of his house was his 1959 20' Skagit Express Iron Duke I/O in all of it's glory ! Ask him how it was and was told he did not even use it this year ( he has been starting it up every so often ) and only a few times in 2012. Told him i just sold the Skagit Bainbridge. Greg then said he was thinking about selling his. Hummmm I think you know the rest of the story ! Could not past up the deal ! ! I guess the Dorsett will go back behind the fence again. This time i will just get a storage place to store the Skagit after we sell the house in the future.I came home with it and before we went out to the shelter, i give Sheila some extra spending money to go to the mall AND THEN TOOK HER out to the shelter to show her how empty the shelter was all 40 feet ! What do you know...there sat a Skagit WoW ! ! She said NEVER tell me again ( she was laughing as she said " I knew it would not last very long ...good wife ! ) this is it as far as not having a boat to speak of. We have been married 49 years so i guest she know's me. Time to get to work even it's it is a little cold out. Chuck
      Attached Files
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Although I've never seen this boat in person, I gotta say it's one of my favorites just by looking at the pictures I've seen of it on this site. Congrats!

Comment

Ah, bwahahahahah! You are hopeless, Chuck. Well, better to have one running while you have one to work on anyway. Congrats!
          John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
          Past Affairs:
          '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Well nice pick Chuck, you needed a functional boat and it's a four stroke so you aren't restricted to where you can take it...
            Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
            1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

With the OMC outdrive and Iron Duke chevy engine, she is a 20 footer, no better package in my book.
              You know mine with the Volvo Penta and its Volvo IO that is bullet proof, well, she just sips fuel if you keep her around 3000 rpms.

No more expensive outboard crap, special this, special that and monster costs. I HATE bad marriage contracts with certin manufactures were your stuck purchasing ...

I too have a new addition to the family.
              I am back in the saddle again. I grew up on these things and thought I could let them go.....Couldn't do it, so....Back in the saddle.
              [ATTACH]15054[/ATTACH]
              [ATTACH]15055[/ATTACH]
              Attached Files
              Helmar Joe Johanesen
              1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
              1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
              Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
              2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
              http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Joe, Very nice bike !!!!! ! I also remember that picture of Greg. Going out now to put the Dorsett behind the fence again. Trying to remember the story behind that picture.

Comment

That is a crazy picture of the boat!
                  Nice HD too!

Comment

I think that picture of Greg S and daughter with the bow way up was at Lake Mason. It was the first time he had it out and his trim tabs were all the way down. Easy fix. He adjusted them up and everything was fine. At first I think it kind of startled Greg.
                    Greg James

Comment

Joe, It has a Merc Cruiser Outdrive. Chuck

Comment

Hey Helmar, Your blocking the fire lane!
                        Greg James

Comment

Working...
                        X