Skagit II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skagit II

I was talking to a friend on the phone today and he was asking me why i decided to do another Skagit boat. My intent was to do the Dorsett Saratoge 17 so when we move in the future ( 2 years ) i could store it in a garage along with Sheila car and have the Ford outside. When this deal for the Skagit 20 Express came out of the clear blue when i stop by GregS house thursday after the Skagit had left 5 hours before,and was telling him i sold my Skagit Offshore he said he was also thinking about selling his Skagit , i thought OMG ! ( my whole thinking on the Dorsett went out the window ) i can't let this slip thru my fingers i told myself ! It only took about a half a minute on the price.Now my thinking is i will find a dry storage unit in the future to store it when we move. I think in the back of my mind i knew i could not go everywhere in the Sound with the Dorsett that i wanted to go. Now i will start with the cockpit. Going to seal off the back half of the shelter and get some heat in there. The difference from the Skagit 20' Offshore is it has a 6 X 8 cockpit compare the Skagit 20 Express cockpit is smaller but with a I/O it's makes it even a little bit more smaller by about 2 feet. I do like the fact it has the I/O as you can go any place and it sips gas with that Iron Duke Chevy motor. Greg did tell me he has had it up to 41mph ! Also has two 22 gal custom tanks that were put in about 2 years ago plus a port a potty area and sink. Going to name her "Chippewa" . It's windshield will stay on this one as i like that style. Here a picture zipping along on Lake Roosevelt . Sorry for the poor quality picture. Chuck
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Five hours Chuck, that has to be a record. Nice score though. Great to see you again at the meeting.
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Yea Steve, When you are not expecting it. It is kind of a OMG what have i done thing as you are driving home to tell the wife with the boat behind you.
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Working...
      X