Inclosed Heated Shelter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inclosed Heated Shelter

If all goes well with my inclosed shelter i will be able to work in there this winter. I still need to add a little clear film at the bottom of the front part tomorrow. I do have two heaters that i can hookup like i use to do back in the late 1990's and it does get pretty warm....sweatshirt weather. Today i put new plastic film 10' x 25' along the lower sides and anchor them down to keep the wind and cold out.The back part has a custom tarp that i had made up back in 1990's so it is completely inclosed. On the front the same thing and i still have 20' in front that i can put a extra car ( Or boat ! ) in there.What i want to do is start taking off the hardware ,snaps,fill holes , etc in the next couple months and then in the Spring.
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

That will make it nice for drying time Chuck, way to go
    [ATTACH]15075[/ATTACH]
    My first Skagit was that 58 Express with the B16 Volvo IO in it, it was a runner but never finished it.
    Drove up to Canada and picked up Purple Haze and brought her back to the States.
    She had Full canvas to start with as well as the hard top. No way would I pull the hard top off as I think that makes here look a little more grown up..
    She looks nice when the canvas is down too.
    There is just something about having a real glass windshield were you can run wipers if you like.
    Mine has dual wipers.
    Like a dummy, I was on Mayfield one year when we had a thunder storm come over and everyone ran for cover. I just dropped the antennas and turned on the wipers. Ran from were we were camped at the park around to the Grotto to show my kids that were with me that year.

On my windshield, the two little port or side windows are hazed over so bad you can't see though them...I need to replace them sooner than later.
    Attached Files
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
    X