Winter Boating Game Round 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Boating Game Round 3

This State park is big! It has mooring buoys, camp sites and beaches on all sides.

Hint, this park is Washington State Parks "cash cow". You have probably been there?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by STOREBRO36, post: 26663, member: 126
    This State park is big! It has mooring buoys, camp sites and beaches on all sides.

Hint, this park is Washington State Parks "cash cow". You have probably been there?
    Steve, nice series !!! Think I've been there three times. Could it be the incredibly popular Fossil Bay, Sucia Island ? It looks much more crowded in summer !
    The cliffs on the right side of this picture have some of the oldest fossils found on the West Coast embedded in the sandstone material. Actually, fossils are present in a few spots on the island.
    This Washington State park was secured for future generations thanks to the lobbying in Olympia by a very active coalition of boaters, including outboard boat clubs..... geez, hope it's Sucia.
    bruceb

Comment

Yes Bruce, that is correct! It was winter, and that's why I'm the only on at the main dock.
      Sucia and Stuart islands, are the major cash cows for washington parks. A large percent
      of their cash is from Canadian boaters. I stay away from those islands in the summer.
      There are many more parks and public lands to see.....as we continue with our next park.
      Attached Files

Comment

Patos
        Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Right again Tim. Patos Island State Park is small, and mooring is a challenge.
          There are only two state buoys, and the tide rips in the cove. There is a small beach
          at the east end of the cove, that several boat can land on. There is a long concrete path
          that leads to the original light house. Winter time, you own the island.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X