New Plan...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Plan...

I have been thinking about the paint colors for the Skagit for the last month. I find i'am trying to talk myself into the salmon-( pink ) grey idea. I really don't think i will be satisfied when it comes to the color combination and wishing i had done some other colors. However i did try to keep a open mind on it. Besides this was not the orginal order of the colors on the boat as far as leaving it as it was i have found out. Most of the boat was pink along with the hull and very little grey.By then it will be more or less to late to go back unless i want to spend more time and money on re-painting it. After selling the Skagit "Bainbridge" and five hours later i ended up with another Skagit as that is not what i was expecting to happen but it did....Oh well. That's when i realized in the back of my mind i missed the Skagit "Bainbridge "already like when i sold the Farallon and a few others ! This Skagit is also in good shape and with that large cabin we just might do some camping too...at the dock. Lol ! The last time Sheila or my son and i did that was back in 1998 / 99 up at PT / PL / Poulsbo and some other places. It does need a few things done to her, plus i have some of my own little things i have always have fun adding. Another thing is when a person older than "heck" in their low 70's starts to think about when are we going to move to a smaller house or condo or whatever not to far down the road and at that time i will keep the Skagit in a dry storage unit out of the weather. What i like on "old" boats is the style of them ( the 50's boats ) and most of the paint combinations. I have gone thru green -white, blue- grey- white, burgundy -grey- white, red -white, even all Salmon color and a few other's.Being i have so much blue - black canvas storage bags,plus gas tanks covers and new quarts of black,dark blue,white,grey paint, i think i will go with the blue,white -black theme, but with a few new added things,yes i know it's like being in a rut BUT, when i step back i really enjoyed looking at those colors ( with a little gold pin striping added ). It's is a lot easier to sell a blue & white boat like i have done in the past on the Farallon, Skagit "Bainbridge", G-3, Skagit "Kalakala" and a Simi Bartender. I think pink-grey would reduces the sale to just a certain special type of persons which is not bad. But that's just me. Like one friend said to me ...hey it's what float your boats that what counts. Steve, The windshield stays on this one. Lol ! Chuck[ATTACH]15191[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Ah, the conversations we have with ourselves no one is around...

I think that the blue black will look nice. Bainbridge was a great combo and had good dock appeal. What you are thinking about the salmon makes a lot of sense from a resale perspective. One thing you could do to keep a little bit of that original color is to buff a section up, take a high res shot of it, print it and then color match a small bit then use it for a detail somewhere. I think with a dark color up top the pink would look great. Maybe cut a line between the gn'l or something.

As for the May splash down, I hope to see you out there on the water! We can admire each other's work as I intend to have the 404 on the water in an incomplete form by opening day!
    John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
    Past Affairs:
    '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

John,Will be going to Prism Graphic for the name and the pin stripping tape made up along with the WA hull numbers ( It only has one letter after the four numbers -not two letters. That makes it old issued numbers ) outline in salmon and name...maybe. That's will be down the road aways. Will also start looking for a new trailer like the one under Bainbridge in a month or so. Maybe at the boat show.
      Attached Files

Comment

She will look great Chuck, not matter what color you go with. Glad the windshield is staying.

Have a great new year Chuck.
        Steve Kiesel
        1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Steve, You also have a Happy New Year. See you sometime.Chuck

Comment

Working...
          X