Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here is a little ad for you Skagit guys.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is a little ad for you Skagit guys.

Im sure you all must have seen this but I found it while looking for ads for my Uniflite. Notice the 31' in the back. I want one bad. Just wish they made more than 3.
    Attached Files

Out of three of those, there is one other than has been found. Its down and off the Columbia River between Portland and Astoria some place. I think Tim Jones went down to look at it too.
    Yes, I have that poster of the 14ft Skagit as well. Pretty durable little boats.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

I'm going to let the cat out of the bag. Just purchased Saratogan hull 2 on January 4th. Gearing up to move it to my place in South Bend.....soon. I'd be happy to restore it for you Nick.

I know, I'm a gluten for punishment.
      Cheers,
      Tim
      Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Tim, That is great ! Is this hull #2 the one that was at the Boat Show back in 19?? that shows you in the picture as a young boy ? Did you ever find out where the 1st one went ? Alaska ? You have hull #3 ? ... right ? Chuck
        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Originally posted by Skagitguy, post: 26934, member: 6
          Tim, That is great ! Is this hull #2 the one that was at the Boat Show back in 19?? that shows you in the picture as a young boy ? Did you ever find out where the 1st one went ? Alaska ? You have hull #3 ? ... right ? Chuck
          Chuck, Hull one was the boat I'm standing behind at the Seattle Boat Show. It was red and white. Still looking for it.........
          Hull two is two-tone green and white. it's unique in that it has Morse single lever controls (the first style single lever controls look like something out of aircraft). I felt compelled to do this and somehow knew I would own that boat as I started collecting parts for it not long after I saw it in 09.

Comment

Tim, That is SO Cool that you were able to do that and save her !!!!!

Way to go !!!..

I remember that you went down and seen her first hand, did you get any pictures of her that you can share with the rest of us. I am sure she is in the same or worse condition than what you started with on yours..
            Hope you share them...
            Helmar Joe Johanesen
            1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
            1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
            Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
            2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
            http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

[ATTACH]15256[/ATTACH]
              Originally posted by Helmar, post: 26938, member: 59
              Tim, That is SO Cool that you were able to do that and save her !!!!!

Way to go !!!..

I remember that you went down and seen her first hand, did you get any pictures of her that you can share with the rest of us. I am sure she is in the same or worse condition than what you started with on yours..
              Hope you share them...
              Joe (Helmer)
              Yes, in 2009 I went down and befriended Tom & Toni, the owners. I asked if Tom would peel the tarp off the boat and allow me to photograph it in detail which he did and I did. There are a surprising number of subtle and not so subtle differences between hulls 2 & 3. The learning curve, you know!?

Hull two also has a hardtop over the cockpit. Looking at the complexity of fitting a hardtop to the curved bridge windshield, I'm convinced that the hardtop was built by Howard Roberts. Also there was a hardtop option mentioned in the original brochure.

Yes, she's in pretty rough shape, worse than Sweet Zoanna was in when found in 1987.
              I'll open a new thread for the photos...

Cheers,
              Tim
              Attached Files

Comment

Ron Rennebohm bought the original 1959 Skagit brochure (pictured above) on eBay about ten years ago. Bill Roberts asked Ron if he could make some lazer copies of it, which Bill did. Bill gave one of those copies to me as a Christmas gift about that same time. Thanks again, Bill.

Comment

Tim I have to say your boat is (in my opinion) the most beautiful express on the water. Amazing work, can't wait to see more on this one

Comment

Originally posted by 61_express, post: 26944, member: 942
                    Tim I have to say your boat is (in my opinion) the most beautiful express on the water. Amazing work, can't wait to see more on this one
                    Thanks Nick. I like to take credit for the Saratogans, but the credit is all due the late Howard Roberts. The Skagit 31 was his brain child, labor of love and realization of his talents.
                    Tim

Comment

Agreed, Nick. the 31 is definitely the queen of the classic express cruisers. The 21 Bell Boy comes close, but just doesn't quite have the sweeping curvature that the Skagit presents. (Gasp! I know! A Bell Boy owner giving props to a Skagit boat!!!!)
                      John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
                      Past Affairs:
                      '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Working...
                      X