The Itch ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Itch ?

Sheila ask me what i was going to do with the Dorsett Saratoga i have had for the last three years ...told her i don't know..Hummm. In the meantime here's my Dorsett i had back in 1961. Who's that cool looking dude with the sunglasses ! Still have the ski ! Some of you have seen the pic before.
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

I remember that, pretty cool
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Originally posted by Skagitguy, post: 28459, member: 6
      Sheila ask me what i was going to do with the Dorsett i have had for the last three years ...told her i don't know..Hummm. In the meantime here's my Dorsett i had back in 1961. Who's that cool looking dude with the sunglasses ! Still have the ski ! Some of you have seen the pic before.
      Joe, what i have left over from the Skagit like paint, gas tanks, hardware, carpet,gas lines,etc i still have, it would not take much to finish it.I would also get some nice chrome wheels and it needs tires that i would get from LS for the trailer, do the cheap spray can job with the trailer.Always have liked that "California" trailer where the hull sits low between the fenders. Low wind drag behind the Ford.
      Attached Files

Comment

Chuck those pics from 61 are awesome! Love those black and whites!

Comment

Picture 310.jpg
          Originally posted by Kelly, post: 28463, member: 2323
          Chuck those pics from 61 are awesome! Love those black and whites!
          Kelly, Yea i kind of forgot about the pictures being B&W. I never did learn to waterski on two ski's so i learn on one...yea i know that does not make sence. I was thinking about maybe playing around with the Dorsett Saratoga 17' this fall & winter being time is getting short in this house. It's a 59 , but i have a brochure picture of a 60 version that shows one in black which is one of the colors along with white paint for the trim i have left over after the Skagit. All i would have to do is give it a hour or so sanding job as i had already done that before getting the Skagit Chippewa last Nov. Even the rubrail is in good shape along with the seats which is a first !

Yesterday i got the safety chains welded on the Skagit...nice job It was kind of nice to take a picture of the Skagit somewhere else ( at my neighbors ) besides in the shelter or our driveway ! Also did do a little wire job to put a plugin for charging the cell phone,and for my vacuum cleaner. Got to keep that rug clean ! Happy Fathers Day !
          Attached Files

Comment

The Skagit looks good out in "public", hope to see it on the water soon!

Comment

Well, she's moved from your garage to your shed. That is a good sign of work to come...
              John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
              Past Affairs:
              '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Working...
              X