LaConner car and boat show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LaConner car and boat show

Saturday is the LaConner show. LaConner is home of the Skagits and we usually have a good showing. This year there seems to be less interest then in years past. I hope I will be surprised with the amount of boats this Saturday. You can register at the show. Registration will run between 8 and 10. $15 for each participant, can have multiple boats for the same price. If you can't bring a boat come and visit. It is really a good time to talk boats, look at cars, see the boats on the water, and look at the shops in LaConner. It should be a good day. Bring a chair, a hat, and enjoy a sun filled day in LaConner

Seems as most people do this on the Down Low.....They just show up. Hope that happens for you this year.
    Do you know if Tim Jones is going to be there this year with the Saratogan ?
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Unconfirmed sources tell me that Tim has submitted the entry form and paid the entry fee. Other sources are saying that he will be there if he can get his back-side out of South Bend. He's down there working on Saratogan hull 2. Said, he hopes to see you there...
      Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

so would it be unacceptable to bring a Uniflite to a Skagit rich environment?

Comment

Kelly, You can bring any name brand boat you wish as it is open to all brands just like the club is. Past years we have had a Davis Craft, Dorsett's, Uniflite's, BellBoy's, etc along with Skagit's. Brian will bring his Chris Craft. I had my G-3 at the show a few years back. There might be another G-3 this year. If you would like to follow me i will be leaving at 7:45 - 8:15 am from my house. Chuck
          1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
          1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Kelly, bring the uni!! I have posted an open invitation to the ACBS group as well. Last years trailered wood boat award went to one of the PNW chapter's newest members with his 1930's era Chris Craft.

The beauty of this show is that it is open to any and all boats!! Last year someone even had a 70's flat bottom hot rod boat there!
            Attached Files
            Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
            1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Bflaherty, post: 28924, member: 40
              Kelly, bring the uni!! I have posted an open invitation to the ACBS group as well. Last years trailered wood boat award went to one of the PNW chapter's newest members with his 1930's era Chris Craft.

The beauty of this show is that it is open to any and all boats!! Last year someone even had a 70's flat bottom hot rod boat there!
              The LaConner show is not judged. We welcome all boats. Blackberry boats to show boats.. The idea of the show is to have a variety of boats to show off to the public. We sometimes learn of other boats sitting in barns. My boats are definitely not show boats, but they are part of the boat hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by strobee, post: 28925, member: 7
                The LaConner show is not judged. We welcome all boats. Blackberry boats to show boats.. The idea of the show is to have a variety of boats to show off to the public. We sometimes learn of other boats sitting in barns. My boats are definitely not show boats, but they are part of the boat hobby.
                There are "people's choice" awards and I've heard rumors that people can be easily persuaded by ice cream on a hot day...
                Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
                1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Chuck I'd like to follow you, but will have to meet you guys there as my family probably won't be interested in going that early. I'll let you know for sure tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing/meeting you all.
                  Any chance of getting all of the club boats that are showing from their trailers to park together?

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly, post: 28928, member: 2323
                    Chuck I'd like to follow you, but will have to meet you guys there as my family probably won't be interested in going that early. I'll let you know for sure tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing/meeting you all.
                    Any chance of getting all of the club boats that are showing from their trailers to park together?

They are usually all park together.

Comment

ok cool. we're rolling out at 0700...see you guys there!

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly, post: 28934, member: 2323
                        ok cool. we're rolling out at 0700...see you guys there!
                        ]Kelly, Going to be meeting BruceB at the Smokey Point Rest Stop ( just North of Marysville ) Between 8:15m- 8:30 am. if you would like to join us there. Cell 425-27five-2625. Chuck

Comment

Got it Chuck, thanks. Gmap doesn't put us at that rest stop until just about 9am so I wouldn't wait on us.

Comment

Originally posted by Skagitguy, post: 28935, member: 6
                            ]Kelly, Going to be meeting BruceB at the Smokey Point Rest Stop ( just North of Marysville ) Between 8:15m- 8:30 am. if you would like to join us there. Cell 425-27five-2625. Chuck
                            Go Faster

Comment

Didn't realize the show was today. Wish I didn't have other plans. Would have liked to meet you guys and see your boats etc. Have a great day.

Comment

Working...
                              X