LaConner Classic Car & Boat show - RECAP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LaConner Classic Car & Boat show - RECAP

As usual this was a beautiful day with gorgeous boats, great cars, and amazing friends!

People's choice honors for trailered fiberglass went to Chuck Carey and his freshly restored 1959 Skagit 20 express. The wood trailered boat honors went to a beautiful Higgins speedster.

We had 12 boats on trailers with 3 more runabouts in the water amongst the cruisers.

I tried to capture every boat and some car highlights. Unfortunately my phone pics are too big so I will have to resize before I can upload...
    Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
    1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Way Cool Brian. I will wait right over here
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

It was great seeing everyone today ! Chuck
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Here is the first round of pics...
        Attached Files
        Brian Flaherty

Comment

The last of the in-water boats...

And the highlight of the afternoon was meeting this nice couple who own the 1956 Shepard runabout (first in-water boat) and havig the beautiful young lady modeling her vintage, red, bathing suit in my vintage, red, Chris Craft... This couple traveled all the way from Monteal, Quebec! -not just for the show but very cool of them to take the time out of their vacation to display their boat at our little show.

And finally ending with the late comer... 2013 constructed replica of a 20's era racing launch.
          Attached Files
          Brian Flaherty

Comment

Nice line up guys Nice picture taken Brian.
            Helmar Joe Johanesen
            1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
            1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
            Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
            2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
            http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Great job on the photos Brian. Thanks. I'll have to look again, I didn't notice your boat in the swim suit shots.
              Steve Kiesel
              1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

We enjoyed our time in LaConner yesterday! First time we've been there and we'll definitely be back as it had something for everyone in the family. Lots of cool classic cars and newer cars to include some super sports cars (Ferrari etc.) that were outside the show. The boat area, while we were told was smaller than years past, was fun to be a part of especially since we've never taken part in a boat show before. It was great to meet some more guys from the club too!

Just a few shots from the day...
                [ATTACH]16481[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH]16482[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH]16483[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH]16484[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]16485[/ATTACH]
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the great pictures Brian. Kelly, Your boat is looking good.
                  Greg James

Comment

Originally posted by Bflaherty, post: 28946, member: 40
                    As usual this was a beautiful day with gorgeous boats, great cars, and amazing friends!

People's choice honors for trailered fiberglass went to Chuck Carey and his freshly restored 1959 Skagit 20 express. The wood trailered boat honors went to a beautiful Higgins speedster.

We had 12 boats on trailers with 3 more runabouts in the water amongst the cruisers.

I tried to capture every boat and some car highlights. Unfortunately my phone pics are too big so I will have to resize before I can upload...

Brian, Thanks for all of the great pictures. Chuck
                    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Great Pics !

Comment

Very nice pics , Brian !
                        Congrats to Chuck for the People's Choice award, well deserved on the resto !
                        Thanks to Tim Jones for running the Saratogan from Friday Harbor to LaC for the show, she sure got some attention !
                        Neat meeting Bill and seeing the restoration progress on the 27' Roberts. Some research into old emails found that this boat may have been built for the Dunlap family, owners of Skagit Plastics.
                        Appeared to have been built after Skagit went out of business and Roberts was building boats -
                        1962-68 ?
                        Pleasure meeting Kelly and family, love the Uniflight !
                        La conner is always a people pleasing location for a boat show, no matter the brand, it's great for talking boats !
                        Thanks, Clint, for co-ordinating the trailer boat logistics....
                        bruceb

Comment

Here are a couple pics I shot at La Conner. Was intrigued with the 27 foot Roberts. I remember seeing picture of that here on this site, but didn't register due to the color change. Definitely has the Roberts look. Picture of Kelly and Colin (hope I spelled that right?) Will post more pictures and a short video in a day or two.... Good to see everyone there..

I wasn't feeling my best, first with a stomach ache in the morning and then my knee really began to hurt in the afternoon. Got a chance to spend a couple hours with two of my kids, Zoanna and Jubal. Was good to see them. I turned in early and slept in the cockpit. Got waked about 11:00ish. Felt the boat lurch and roll about 15 degrees to port. Only one wave. Had good fenders out so no damage. Got my attention though.....

Left La Conner at 1400 Sunday and took the south route through Deception Pass. Thought about shooting some video of transiting the pass, but by the time I thought about grabbing the camera, I was close to bridge. Always exciting going through Deception. This time running against the flood, which I prefer to running with the current. Current was an estimated 4.5 to 5 knots.

Tim[ATTACH]16487[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]16488[/ATTACH]
                          Attached Files
                          Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Did anyone ever hear how the in water awards went? They don't announce those during the regular show...
                            Brian Flaherty

Comment

Working...
                            X