No laughing!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No laughing!

Remember I only got this for the trailer. The fine piece of art work just happened to be on it. 20ft. I had to dig out a cemented in fence post to get it out of it's resting place in a back yard. LOL The old cracked tires rolled over 50mi home. Anybody needing some Dorsett parts?? They come complete in their original setting. V8 power!! Upper windshield is there too.
    Of course I can deliver.
    Don't know much about it yet. Will clean out and investigate this weekend.
    Attached Files

love the flames
    1958 Skagit 20 Offshore hardtop cruiser "Kanigo"

Comment

:eek: You actually towed that down the road? That must be a really special trailer Barry.
      Steve Kiesel
      1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

that is something,i sure need a set of this and i saw 1 on the cabin.
        Attached Files

Comment

Kewl... Is there is a classic hidden under all that beautiful art work?
          Kent & Diane
          '58 Westerner

Comment

I waited until dark so I wouldn't be recognized! LOL

Comment

It could be worse...

Wow! You sure made explaining the project boats easier-my property value went down just looking at it!

Comment

I bet you could sell that in Fremont.

Comment

Drag it down here for Saturday market, I know you could sell it and make a nice profit.
                  Dave Lemon

Comment

Hippy Boat

I would wonder how much of that would come off the Gellcoat with a pressure washer??
                    Too bad they did the windows.

Looks like a old Hippy Boat now. Cool man

Boy, that would sure turn some heads. Good looking Hull design for sure.
                    Helmar Joe Johanesen
                    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Joe
                      Actually I took a razor blade to a bit of the front window and think with a little patience they would come clean. Looking from the inside they have a lot of the usual crazing but the frames are in almost perfect (albeit painted) condition and at worst the plexi is complete and would make perfect patterns.
                      I think everything above the rub rail would mostly come off with a pressure washer and there is a paint remover that would remove the rest.
                      Anybody know what model this might be? Quick rough measurement about 20ft. This was obviously a real nice boat at one time. Would be a real project to bring this one back but good for parts. The 175hp OMC should be good for parts at least and the outdrive with trim shows signs of maybe being good. The controls seem to still move ok. Who knows? The frames on the side windows are real good but the port side is broken out. The upper windshield is there also. Nothing fits my Bell Boy though. Might have to cut this one up.

Comment

That thing is covered with Gang graffiti; not bad stuff actually. Instead of Fremont you should set it out in White Center!

Greg Jr.

Comment

So gang bangers are getting into classic fiberglass boats.
                          Should make for some interesting times on the water. :eek:
                          Robert Augur

Comment

Now that I think of it I would leave the hull as it is and cover the bridge with crushed velvet. Chrome pipes running out from the freeboard would certainly be appropriate. One cannot forget to cover the interior with a burgundy shag. Oh yeah...that is one "cracker" boat!

Comment

Art Cars and now Art Boats

A couple of years ago I saw the US / Canadian Art Cars and it was pretty wild. Looks like you may be the proud owner of a potential "Art Boat".

I can see it now...Opening Day next year...The Northwest Classic Art Boats with your masterpiece in the lead

Followed by all the rest of us who doctor derelict classics with all kinds of kitsch and funny stuff

How bout a NMB Art Boat that is all covered tip to stern with hundreds of toy boats? Or a Hide-A-Boat Art Boat that has a Costco Shelter permanently attached with a red circle / slash over the word wife??? Oh don't get me started.....

First, Second and Third Place award for sure. Move over you little cutesy Amphicars

Here is the link to the Art Cars if anyone wants a good laugh.

http://www.artcarfest.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X