New project!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New project!

I just picked up this 1960 Pacific mariner stiletto from a neighbor. It has been in the blackberries for about 15 to 20 years. I'm really excited since a stiletto has been on my bucket list forever. I believe it is a 1960, but if anybody on this site knows which year it is exactly it would be wonderful to have that information. I also would love to come and look at anyone's finished product to see how they have restored a stiletto. Also if anybody knows where I can find a windshield that would be great.
    Attached Files
    17' Johnson Runabout (1964) Completed
    18' GlassCraft Imperial (1959) Done!
    19' Campion Bowrider (1999) Great family ski/tow boat
    25' Skagit (1960) Two of them. What am I thinking?
    14' Axtell Aquacraft (1950ish)
    14' Stilleto

Can't help you with any specific information although I've seen a few of these around over the years. Pretty radical design, even for the era. On the windshield, find an existing one and make a pattern.
    At least it was stored upside-down. Good luck and keep us posted....
    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Karl, Because of the shape of the bow they can blow over but they are highly maneuverable and a hell of a lot of fun. Congratulations on your find.
      Greg James

Comment

There is one for sale up here in Bellingham. Doesn't appear to have a windshield but has a lot of the other hardware... Best of all, it's free!!

http://bellingham.craigslist.org/boa/4592785285.html
        Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
        1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

They sometimes had glass windshields. In classifides Bronze has glass windsheild and an expired clist ad. I doubt it sold If you got a way of digging it up.They were like it.

Comment

[ATTACH]16574[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]16559[/ATTACH] They are a fun boat ! Karl the windshield was a problem to find. I sometime would use a ski mask to keep warm in those winter runs. I was the first one to own it in the club then it was GregS turn a block away and GregJ and after that i own it one more time before she went to Bellingham. I think she is still there. We had a name for her being she made the rounds in our neighborhood. Can't say what it was on this family board! !
            Attached Files
            1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
            1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Thanks everyone!
              17' Johnson Runabout (1964) Completed
              18' GlassCraft Imperial (1959) Done!
              19' Campion Bowrider (1999) Great family ski/tow boat
              25' Skagit (1960) Two of them. What am I thinking?
              14' Axtell Aquacraft (1950ish)
              14' Stilleto

Comment

Karl, I have 1962 Stiletto. You are welcome to come look at it anytime. One difference between mine and the '60 or '61 is yours has a squared off motor well, and mine has a rounded motor well. We have lots of fun with this boat. Mine is running a 1966 65hp Merc.
                Jack (253) 985-1777
                Jack Leslie
                1948 Sande launch
                1962 Stiletto

Comment

Working...
                X