Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

August trip to Prevost harbor: Tim's historic photo?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, sorry guys but I'm not paying $250 just to get my boat over to a closer launch ramp... Perhaps if we have enough advanced warning I can make arrangements with father's cruiser.

I guess I just didn't realize how far out Provost harbor really was. I really need to step up and get a saltwater boat...
    Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
    1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by McSkagit Tim Jones, post: 29149, member: 28
      Chuck, WOW! That's a lot of dough to ride the ferry towing a trailer! I recall bringing the Saratogan over from Anacortes to Orcas on the ferry in 1988. Was about $60! Ha!

Tim, If you only go to Lopez and launch it there is would be cheaper.
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Yes, I realize how far up and out Prevost Harbor is. It's even a bit of a run from Friday Harbor.
        Here's what I'm thinking... Would like to get a least one more boat (prefer a Skagit 20). Those wanting to participate in the photo op could ride with me. This would require you to walk on the ferry in Anacortes. I could take six or seven.

Due to the lighting, would like to get up there fairly early....be there by noon. This means that if you are coming out of Seattle, you'll have to get up and on the road early.

I'll try to State Parks to reserve the camp sight for the afternoon. Also thinking about inviting David Schultz, a professional photographer, to shoot the pics....

The day is coming soon....

Tim
        Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Hey Tim, I can carry another 6, depending what is going on here in LaConner.

Comment

Tim, What Skagit's are coming ? And do you have a date yet ? Don't know if the time table will work for me. If ...and that is a big " if " i would launch at Anacortes sling,Washington Park or LaConner. Thanks,Chuck
            1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
            1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Working...
            X