My Brother's Poulsbo Boat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Brother's Poulsbo Boat

After nearly a year since I made the request, I finally got my daughter's slide scanner. Most of the family pictures were shot as slides, so the slide scanner is essential to digitizing them. Can do four at a time. Only have 5000 to do!

First slides to be scanned are of my brother's Poulsbo boat. These pictures for Marty, especially. Don't have a date on these yet, but I'm guessing 1968. Need to clean the slides and re-scan them. Dust!

I get a kick out of seeing Jim at the helm of this boat. I mentioned the pictures to my sister and she recalled burning her leg on the air cooled Wisconsin exhaust. She should feel lucky, at least she got a ride in Chickadee! I didn't.......
    Hope you like these.....

Tim [ATTACH]16631[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]16632[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]16633[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files
    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Whoa! Those are cool shots... the old film rules!

Comment

Found the date, June 1970. These are Ektachrome. Color saturation and contrast are great, Old Kodachrome 25 is probably the best. Kodak stopped processing Kodachrome last year. Not sure about Ektachrome? I used to process my own Ektachrome. About eight chemicals and ten steps. Kodachrome requires about twenty development steps.

These were scanned at 2400 dpi ! The scanner will do up to 4800 dpi.
      Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Beautiful pics!
        There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Tim, she looks like the Skagit tug Suzy's little sister?
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by McSkagit Tim Jones, post: 29260, member: 28
            Found the date, June 1970. These are Ektachrome. Color saturation and contrast are great, Old Kodachrome 25 is probably the best. Kodak stopped processing Kodachrome last year. Not sure about Ektachrome? I used to process my own Ektachrome. About eight chemicals and ten steps. Kodachrome requires about twenty development steps.

These were scanned at 2400 dpi ! The scanner will do up to 4800 dpi.
            The Kodachrome process was so complicated that not many labs besides Kodak would do it either. The major difference was that all other color reversal films had the color dyes built in. Kodachrome had the dyes added during processing.Those are some nice looking pictures, in spite of the dust. The boat was pretty cool too.

Comment

Working...
            X