New top for BBoy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New top for BBoy

I had a top made for my BellBoy 16. With the hard top I felt cramped. So... I went the other way with the soft top. 5ft 8'' at the rear. Still room for a couple of folding (fishing) chairs under cover. Had a clear panel added over the windshield, so vision shouldn't be a problem. It's the fishing shack! - Ross
    Attached Files
    Ross Henson

Good job on the lid. I did the same thing but mine is 6' 3" at the stern.

[ATTACH]1555.vB[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]1556.vB[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files
    John & Diane Kelly

Comment

New Boat Tops

Pretty nice looking you guys.

Good idea for the Pacific Northwest
      Lets you use your boat more for sure.

My Skimaster is tight to get under the hardtop but NO way would I pull it off.
      Works to keep the rain out as well as its a good sun block, in case we ever get sun.

This weekend will be a nice event with nice weather but sorry but I have to miss it. I need ever cent I can muster up to get my concrete down for my new shop.
      Might get a chance to get on the Skimaster and get her ready for the next event.:eek:
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Bellboy Top

That top looks great. I would like to do that to my Bellboy. Could you tell me where you had it done, and the cost?
        Attached Files

Comment

Ross, the new top looks great. I'm going to do something similar for the Seafair someday. Not that it ever rains around here, but that will make cruising a lot more comfortable.
          Steve Kiesel
          1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

VERY nice top Ross, you'll sure appreciate it when out on the water on a day like today (wind and rain). I end up using mine all year, even as a sunbrella. The one on my boat is kinda weird looking. It was designed with a lot of clearance so when a salmon hit on the downrigger you could set the hook and fight the fish with plenty of room, yet still allowing maximum coverage from the rain. I have mixed feelings about it but it works! Mine cost $800 Does yours fold down?
            Attached Files
            Kent & Diane
            '58 Westerner

Comment

Sorry about the slow reply, Sue and I were at Sunbanks Blues fest. on Banks Lake for a few days. What a blast!
              I had the top made at Leta's Top Shop, here in Arlington.I told her sort of what I had in mind and she had it done in a couple of days!
              The side panels un snap and unzip off then I can roll the top back on the rear supports and zip on a boot she made to cover it for travel and sunny days. I think it should work, we'll have some cover when needed and still be able to move around. She charged me $750 which seems fair to me.- Ross
              Ross Henson

Comment

Working...
              X