Can't see any posts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't see any posts?

Most of the time I visit this website I can't see any posts. New post, old posts.....any posts.....even when I'm signed in. What's the deal? I find myself signing on less and less as there is nothing to see.....!
    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Originally posted by McSkagit Tim Jones View Post
    Most of the time I visit this website I can't see any posts. New post, old posts.....any posts.....even when I'm signed in. What's the deal? I find myself signing on less and less as there is nothing to see.....!
    Nothing has changed in that aspect ???
    Try clicking on the Whats New in the upper left location.

I will also check your status.
    Can you still see the Events Discussion area as the Club Affairs area ?
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Tim, I've been wondering where you were. Hopefully Helmar can get it straightened out for you.
      Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
      1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

I've noticed the same thing on occasion. Not all categories are empty, just some. Figured it was me. Haven't seen it happen for a couple weeks now. I'll let you know if I see it happen again.

Edit:
        I just checked "Classic Boat Sightings". The only posts I see there are the "Stickies". Nothing else shows. I know for sure there have been recent posts. So I'm with Tim, something is going on.
        Steve Kiesel
        1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Go under forum actions tab then general settings. About 3/4 of the way down there is a button that says default thread age cutoff. Change that to all threads. Just noticed that myself

Comment

Originally posted by 61_express View Post
            Go under forum actions tab then general settings. About 3/4 of the way down there is a button that says default thread age cutoff. Change that to all threads. Just noticed that myself

Good find Nick. Don't forget to press the Save button down on the bottom too.
            Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_Kiesel View Post
              I've noticed the same thing on occasion. Not all categories are empty, just some. Figured it was me. Haven't seen it happen for a couple weeks now. I'll let you know if I see it happen again.

Edit:
              I just checked "Classic Boat Sightings". The only posts I see there are the "Stickies". Nothing else shows. I know for sure there have been recent posts. So I'm with Tim, something is going on.
              Try the tip that Nick figured out. Let me know if it works for you please....
              Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

This happened to me. I kept getting frustrated that I couldn't see any threads, so I would leave the site. Today I finally noticed the DISPLAY options menu near the bottom of the opening page - and there I had the ability to select how far back I wanted the website to display threads. After selecting "1 year" of threads - BOOM- I instantly had access to conversations and posts. Thank God - I had almost given up.

I'm not the most computer savvy person, but I believe my ability is at least average as compared to other users. I hope for the sake of the site that others aren't have the same problem. I'm wondering if it would be advisable to have the Webmaster set the site default to "display all" for users unless they select otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                X