Skagit down under

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skagit down under

Hi Every one my name is Jim Knowles and I live in NSW Australia. Some of you may be aware that I own two beautiful Skagits (the only ones in Australia"). I have a 1958 14ft Sportster and a 1959 20ft Skagit Express. Both have been magnificently restored and look fantastic.

My wife and I attended the 50th Skagit anniversary at La Conner several years ago and met with many Skagit owners, one in particular was Doug Griffith who has since become a great friend. We have cruised the San Juan islands several times on his 20 Skagit called "Dreamin" along with many other Skagit, Bellboy and Dorsett owners.

The story of how I got my Skagit in Australia is for another post but it is a great story.

I will try to post some pictures of my boats, I hope to hear from you again.

Regards

Jim

Originally posted by Aussie Jim View Post
    Hi Every one my name is Jim Knowles and I live in NSW Australia. Some of you may be aware that I own two beautiful Skagits (the only ones in Australia"). I have a 1958 14ft Sportster and a 1959 20ft Skagit Express. Both have been magnificently restored and look fantastic.

My wife and I attended the 50th Skagit anniversary at La Conner several years ago and met with many Skagit owners, one in particular was Doug Griffith who has since become a great friend. We have cruised the San Juan islands several times on his 20 Skagit called "Dreamin" along with many other Skagit, Bellboy and Dorsett owners.

The story of how I got my Skagit in Australia is for another post but it is a great story.

I will try to post some pictures of my boats, I hope to hear from you again.

Regards

Jim
    Welcome Back Jim.
    I still have the Skagit patch you gave me on that 50th anniversary by the way.

A lot of us are cross overs from the Skagit Classics and then NW Fiberglassics.
    You might remember one of our charter members Chuck Carey....We just lost him so he is watching over all of us now to help keep us safe.

I went and looked for your old account as each time we change software, I always tried to keep old members that I recognized and had posted at least, but that last upgrade and crossover we must have lost you.

Doug is also a member along with a lot of the folks you had met before.

Looking forward to pictures. Some the the explanation or instruction is in the FAQ above.
    Hope everyone is happy and healthy on your side.

Enjoy
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

I hope you can send some pictures. After seeing pictures of it on Lopez Island, you may have the most beautiful 20ft Skagit in the world. Clint Stroebel

Comment

Old Pics

Is this some of the old pictures?
        Be nice to see some new ones for sure
        Attached Files
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Now has a little more blue than I remember (attached pict). Has the roof been extended slightly? Magnificent! This has always been a great inspiration.
          Attached Files

Comment

What a beautiful boat... I like the colors.
            Lyle
            "Adrift in a sea of information looking for answers to bring me home"

The Build:
            The Dorsett
            Photos:
            1960 Dorsett Catalina

Comment

Very pretty. The interior and deck layout are fantastic!
              John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
              Past Affairs:
              '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Working...
              X