News on the Princess

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News on the Princess

In the events forum I mentioned we were going to be house bound for a while and probably would not make the Alder Lake event.

I guess I should explain. The Princess has suffered from irritable bowel syndrome for years. On Thursday afternoon her large colon exploded and I rushed her to Overlake where they performed emergency surgery. She was against the idea until the Dr told her surgery or death.

She chose surgery, I guess she still wants to be around to tell me what to do and when to do it.

They resectioned her bowel, but could not reconnect it due to all the poison in her gut.

The surgery went fine and she came home today. Her recovery will be slow and once she is back on her feet and free from infection they will operate again and reconnect her colon to it's normal outlet.

I have been the perpetual invalid for the last twelve years now the shoe is on the other foot, as they say pay backs are HELL!

As if that was not enough bad luck for one week, she totaled the Durango on Monday last week. Thank God for Urban Assault Vehicles and air bags she was unhurt.

I will have to shop around for a new tow vehicle, the S10 is a gutless wonder for towing boats. but it will have to do for now.

Hope to see you all soon at one event or another, but for now I am house husband, care giver, and general Jack of all trades. Good thing my name is Jack

She will be out and about in six weeks or so and I'm hoping we can make Alder Lake, but we will just take it as it comes.
    Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
    Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Wow Jack.
    Glad you got her help in time.
    It was bad news but sounds like its turned into good news in that the problem will be over with after recovery.

Give her our best wishes and hang in there buddy.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Jack.
      Glad the problem was caught in time. That's a scary situation. We went through the same thing with my mom a few years ago. The Doc kept saying she had kidney stones and kept blowing her off until she almost collapsed in his office. The X-ray tech found an abcess and had her under the knife in about an hour. It was no fun for her, so be extra nice to the Princess.
      Best wishes and thoughts from Judy and me.

Mike.
      1959 Skagit 20 Offshore inboard

Mike and Judy Kronick

Comment

Wow Jack, when things go wrong, they really go...So sorry to hear about your princess. I know you will be at her side constantly. If you need anything let me know.

Greg Jr.

Comment

Best wishes from our whole family, Jack. Hoep she makes a full and speedy recovery!
          BRIAN FRANCHINI
          LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

Jack, Please let Kathie now that we are thinking of her and wish for her to have a quick recovery ! Chuck & Sheila
            1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
            1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

WOW, that was a close one!

Thank God you made it to the hospital in time!

That can be very bad I understand, but it sounds like you must have had a good surgeon.

I know it's tough staying home when it's so beautiful outside, but take heart, you've still got each other, and you live in a most beautiful setting. Perfect for recooperating.

I predict you will both get better soon, and be able to have some good fun this Summer.

Hang in there.

Doug

Comment

Best Wishes from the Mattsons

Hope all is still going well......We send our best and hope to see you both when things allow.
                Tim M+ Family
                unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
                15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
                SeaRay 175BR
                Hi-Laker lapline
                14` Trailorboat

Comment

Princess

Hey Jack and Kathie,

Hang in there - things will improve and once they get things squared away, you can get back on the Jetskis with the pups...

Thank God that you made it to the docs in time!

Let me know if you need anything, - I can get there in a hurry.

Dick

Comment

The Princess...

Jack -

Please give Kathie a hug for us...and we'll hope that the recovery goes well enough that you can both be at Alder Lake and ready for at least a calm-water boat ride.

All the best,

Marty and Mo
                    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Thank you, from 'The Princess'

As I am now meandering around I wanted to take a moment to thank all of you for your emails and well wishes. It is definitely a different feeling being the one on the receiving end of care giving. The Dr said that, other than this little internal blowout, I am boringly healthy - we are thankful for the small blessings.

Jack is getting a kick out of the fact that I am actually walking slower than he is right now. A situation that I will probably let him enjoy for most of the summer.

As for boating - we will see. Right now, going over bumps in the road can be a little jarring. However, we will try very hard to make the trip to Alder Lake.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you again - have some great boating in this beautiful weather!!

The Princess
                      Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
                      Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Cathy's recovery,

Jack, So sorry to hear of Cathy's illness. Jan and I are praying for a full recovery. It does sound like pay-back time for you, and I know how you feel. You have the support of a lot of people, so hang in there, and know we are all pulling for you...............Don & Jan

Comment

Working...
                        X