Really........Club dues......Again..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really........Club dues......Again..

I am sorry I am even writing this but this takes all the fun out of all the effort and time we put into this thing.

We have set up the forum software so that anyone that pays with Paypal, it records the date and time. I do Not remember getting any support money via the mail for quite some time as I plug that into the system to track.

Without the Annual meeting where a lot of you folks would pay to support your club, we lost that support money for the clubs bills.

What is sad, we 46 Active members and it shows we only have 6 supporting members. At least Two of you folks have paid Twice this year too!!
    Some of you active members posting, you have not paid dues the last two or more years.

I will work with Ed and see if we can get this software to send out some possible gentle reminder that if you want to continue to support your club, its time to help.

Our bills start coming due between September and December and we do not have enough funds to cover them.

I have mentioned that I have not had the funds to file our taxes for the last two years either.

We have not changed the paypal link on the forum to the newer paypal business account so its still going into my paypal if you decide to use that, which I have to explain that to the IRS and track it all.

So if you want this club site to keep going we need a few more members to step up to the plate and pay this years dues.
    Our business Paypal account is Helmar@classicboatclub.com.

Again, sorry I even have to type this out and press Post. Its been setting in front of me for at least a hour but what the hell. I can't afford this any longer.

Any comments, suggestions ??
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Guilty. The reminder, if automated, will help tremendously. As I've said before, we need to lock down areas to paying members. People generally aren't going to give their money away when they get the same thing for free at the exact same location. I'll work on zazzle, Joe is working on the site and everything else...anyone else? This will be a winter project I think as I know people are squeezing the last bit of summer for other stuff, but we need to take action soooon.

Comment

I have donated to GSG in the past and it seemed like that put me in business here. Are the two sites separate or connected financially? I also think a reminder would be a good idea.
      Steve
      WizardIII

Comment

Originally posted by WizardIII View Post
        I have donated to GSG in the past and it seemed like that put me in business here. Are the two sites separate or connected financially? I also think a reminder would be a good idea.
        Steve
        WizardIII
        Hi Steve.

Sorry but we are two separate clubs.

I make reference to them as our Sister club because we started the clubs at the same time and helped each other.
        We were Divisions of Fiberglassics at one time. We were Fiberglassics North West but when they decided to drop us and make us all one club, we decided to part ways.
        So Denise at GSG and us decided to start our own clubs as we had our own members to care for.

Because of the helping each other back then, I make reference to them as our Sister Club.

At one time, back when we started these forums we all just had people pay at the beginning each year but it was it was unfair for folks wanting to sign up as supporting members close to the end of the year.
        That is why its controlled by the Forum Software as it gives a starting date and will tell us when a year is up.
        I have not figured out how to make it to the automatic reminders, as of yet.
        Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Thanks for the history Helmar. I never got it clear how the three sites came about. No problem paying dues to both you and the sister as both are fun and very helpful. Now if I could just tinker less and float more.
          Steve,
          WizardIII

Comment

Originally posted by WizardIII View Post
            Thanks for the history Helmar. I never got it clear how the three sites came about. No problem paying dues to both you and the sister as both are fun and very helpful. Now if I could just tinker less and float more.
            Steve,
            WizardIII
            Thank you Steve for Supporting your club, payment received.
            Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

thanks for the reminder
              Joel and Judy, Clovis CA

1960 Wizard Baronet/ 75HP Mercury 4 stroke

1980 Glastron Carlson Scimitar

Comment

Working...
              X