No announcement yet.

Debt of gratitude to RicPhoto, et al...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt of gratitude to RicPhoto, et al...

I'm cured!

One can only imagine catching the classic boat collecting bug at the zenith of undervalued prospects. With lightning speed new member Ric and his revolving door of hulls has shone a light on the problems associated with free will---TOO many options! We appreciate the candor with which Ric and others have illustrated the pratfalls of not saying-NO.

As you are my witness, and with much chagrin, I must admit to misuse of the interweb for my own gain. After gathering four (no lie detectors please) floating examples of America's ingenuity within a year, it has been decided to shun my hunter/gatherer instincts for the demonstrably more efficacious strategy of divide and conquer.

With determined focus, the current brood of derelict fiberglass will be completed and/or placed with a suitable adoptor, before any further additions. After taking delivery of the '55 Skagit 16 Express from Marty in June, I would appreciate any effort on your part to delete all inquiries you may recieve from any and all of my e-mail addresses regarding purchase or trade of anything marine.

Thank you in advance, see you on the water.
    Attached Files

Hi...My name is Ric and I'm a glassaholic

Glad to be of service Glenn...however unintentionally

;-p
    '59 19' Glasspar Club Mariner (for sale)
    '63 17' OMC Deluxe (My current lust boat)
    '65 16' Evinrude Sweet 16 (for sale)

Comment

Semantics

Originally posted by WorkRelease, post: 3416
      I'm cured!
      Cured? I doubt it. In remission? Possibly.

The Cap'n
      "The beatings will continue until moral improves..."

Pat Drewery

Comment

Cured...???

It gets better, it gets worse, but there is no cure.

- Marty
        http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Conspiracy theory...

Fair enough, cured may be stretching the truth-Aaaarrrggggghhhhh!

While toiling on the boat this Memorial Day I noticed this suspicious powdery substance that may be the cause of all of our issues...

PS- Ric, We need to meet up when the Hood Canal bridge opens, so we can pick up our fiber-booty from Marty, then take turns hitting each other on the head with a mallet until this malady disappears.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by WorkRelease, post: 3433
            Fair enough, cured may be stretching the truth-Aaaarrrggggghhhhh!

While toiling on the boat this Memorial Day I noticed this suspicious powdery substance that may be the cause of all of our issues...

PS- Ric, We need to meet up when the Hood Canal bridge opens, so we can pick up our fiber-booty from Marty, then take turns hitting each other on the head with a mallet until this malady disappears.
            Well, I wonder about the Classic Bug.
            I drove Truck in 48 states. There is not a day when a big Nice truck goes by that I don't admire them, think to myself, maybe run 17 western states.
            I think I am in remission.

I got my first Harley in High School. Rode most of my life. There is not a day goes by that I don't hear them, admire them and think, just one more before I leave this world.
            I think I am just in remission.

There will Always be that Perfect Classic boat that will draw you in.
            Its in your blood now. Live with it, enjoy it, make the best of it.
            Helmar Joe Johanesen
            1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
            1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
            Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
            2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
            http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Greg...

Be happy to meet up and commiserate/celebrate...

But when we get to Martys we have to promise to support each other in NOT falling in lust with anything else he has other than the ones we have already committed to...

We all know he's one of the master enablers behind this whole addiction conspiracy and that $25 park and hide of his makes it way too easy to take "just one more"...

;-p

...Ric

Comment

Old-Boat Booty...

Hey, Greg and Ric, speaking of picking up Nordland booty, the rumor is that the Hood Canal Bridge MIGHT reopen this weekend, so stay tuned and get your mallets ready.

- Marty

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Now There is a shirt design that would be a Super one for Marty (Ole)
                  Across the back, it reads,

The Enabler
                  Helmar Joe Johanesen
                  1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                  1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                  Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                  2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                  http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

From the Enabler...

Today's Port Townsend Leader suggests that the Hood Canal Bridge may open "as soon as June 5," so the speculation about an earlier opening (like this weekend) is probably wishful thinking.

All of this means that those who are waiting to fetch project boats at our park-n-hide may have to wait until after the launch of Tim Jones' 31-foot Skagit (June 6), since we'll be leaving Mystery Bay for the San Juans by maybe as early as June 2 or 3.

- The Enabler

Comment

and your projected return will be?

Comment

Working...
                      X