Kookie California Fun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kookie California Fun

Hope all are well up this way. Click on the link below to see my latest project and youtube video. This has been in the making for years now, just finally got the urge to put it all together. Its a 1958 Evinrude Starflight that is powered by a '68 100S V4 with inline 4 barrel carb. It has a couple extra tricks that should boost HP to 110-115 range. I have torn into and collected the various V4s over the past 8 years to pull this off. Everything is just a re-mix of factory parts that actually bolt right up. No modifications or monkey business. If the Lower unit can take the poop, I'm gonna tear it all down & restore - as all the needed parts are sitting on shelves in my shop. If it works out, Which i think it will, It will make a heck of a sleeper out of a Fat Fifty. Initial tests show that the 68 100 burns about 1/3 the fuel of the Fat 50 when at moderate speeds of 25-30 mph. Get that Merc ready chuck!

Enjoy.

Bruce

LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kIuoizbi9I

I'd really like to see that fuel test data. Do you remember the bottom line? I bet the merc was most thrifty?

I would'nt waste time doing this if I didn't have all the parts just sitting around.

Comment

Working...
    X