What is it they say about the third time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it they say about the third time

they say its a charm. well today I took the boat out for the third time. not quite a charm but I will take it. Got it off the dock and further then 10 ft this time. put it in at Colon park in Renton (wow its expensive) but it was close to work. Went by myself and got it in and out with no issue.

Fired it up and let it run for about 5 or more minutes to warm it up. the idle seems low still (need to figure that out) but the biggest issue is when I shift into gear it stalls (not enough RPM) but if I try to give it alittle more it will not allow it to shift (maybe there is some adjustment for this, to give me just a little more). I find I have to start it in gear and try and quick bring down the RPM to put it into forward. most of the time it dies and i have to quickly restart in the gear I want. Got really close to a larger boat that was docked near the ramp but no touch so no faul..

I think I will bring it down for Saturdays get together but not sure i will put it in, or if I do I may skip the run as having to come into dock is something I prefer to do with no many boats without full control of forward and reverse at the tip of my fingers... Plan to mess with it tomorrow (put a in spark plug in it and see if I can figure out the idle adjustment) after work so maybe I can figure something out.

While i had it out I did run it for about an hour, cruised up to about the Seahawk training camp, across to the island, around the south tip and the across to the Rainer Ave side and back around.. it was alittle windy so there was chop (at least for a 14ft boat). but once in gear it cruises right along...

You should be able to find a place on the carb to turn your idle up a tad.

Sounds like your getting closer
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
    X