Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dorsett information?

Hi all,
    I am looking for information on Dorsett boats and in particular the El Dorado. There seems to be very little info on these boats and the section for Dorsett boats on the Fiberglassics site has not been restored yet. Any suggestions as to where to look?
    Thanks, Larry
    Larry Ellingson

Dorsett junkies

Larry ,
    You might look up the Golden State Group as they seem to have more of the Dorsetts down south as they go soggy up in the NW.
    Eduardo and Bruce(Motorhead) are the two who may answer your questions as they did with my first Glassic,a Lexington in Corral with the Glass tilt-up window.
    I might even have my copy of a scan done on a brochure with models and features.
    TimM
    also found my boat Hin# on the inner bow surface,should match the rear hardware #`s as they mark the Hull #.
    unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
    15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
    SeaRay 175BR
    Hi-Laker lapline
    14` Trailorboat

Comment

Hi Tim,
      Thanks for your reply! I was wondering about the location of hull numbers. I hope I'm not jumping the gun as I'm not picking up the boat untill June 9th. The current owner and I have had scheduling problems. I just hope this deal comes to fruition.
      Thanks again for the info, Larry
      Larry Ellingson

Comment

Hey Larry,

What year Dorsett do you have? I think I have almost every Dorsett brochure.

Todd

Comment

Dorsett info

Hi! I just brought home a 1958 eldorado. It seems to be in pretty good shape and should be ready for the water in short order. To say that I'm stoked would be an understatement. Here are some pics. ( I hope)
          Attached Files
          Larry Ellingson

Comment

Wow

Congratulations! If you weren't stoked, I would be surprised. That is a great looking boat. I love the color and it looks like the seats and hardware are in pretty good shape.

How well does the engine run?

Karl
            17' Johnson Runabout (1964) Completed
            18' GlassCraft Imperial (1959) Done!
            19' Campion Bowrider (1999) Great family ski/tow boat
            25' Skagit (1960) Two of them. What am I thinking?
            14' Axtell Aquacraft (1950ish)
            14' Stilleto

Comment

Hi Karl,
              the plan is to cut and buff the hull and remove the fat 50. I have a 1958 Evinrude 18 electric start that I'm going to install to get me out on the water this summer. I plan to restore a Homelite that I have and convert it to a 15" shaft. Also will be checking with a local plastic company to see if they can make a new windshield. For right now I just want to putt around in it with the 18 and start the resto work in the fall.
              Larry Ellingson

Comment

That there shore is purty!

Comment

Big fins, little fins, it's all good..

What a great find. That is going to be one hot little runabout. Ya gotta love those fins. Do you know what year it is? Can't wait to see her on the water.
                  1959 Skagit 20 Offshore inboard

Mike and Judy Kronick

Comment

Here is the 1958 El Dorado section from the brochure... I have a MUCH larger version if post your email address or PM me, I will send it to you.

Todd
                    Attached Files

Comment

1959 Dorsett El Dorado -shot in the dark - I know something about 59 El Dorado, not as as muchas Edwardo. When I finished the restor we named her Mango Madness. Anyone who has or knows someone w/ one please contact me at pcf@surewest, I feared it could be the last 1 in California. Paul
                      Attached Files

Comment

what?

what are those big holes/tubes on the back of the motor for...exhaust?
                        1963 Fiber Form Cuddy***
                        1960 Hi Laker 15'**
                        1957 Skagit 20 express*
                        1955 uniflight 16' sportboat*
                        *= previous completed projects
                        **=finished and still using
                        ***= in progress

Comment

1959 El Dorado

Hi, I'm new to group
                          My 59 El Dorado shined up pretty good after 2 years of rubbing, any chance of getting a brochure for that year? pcf@surewest.net

Comment

No reason to duplicate all the brochures, and if they are available, they are over at Fiberglasscis. Most of that stuff was given to him to share with others.
                            Helmar Joe Johanesen
                            1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                            1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                            Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                            2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                            http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

dorset info

i see you dont have dorsett emblems.shout out to rick he can help you with those.I have a 1958 dorsett del-ray he supplied the emblems for me new chrome ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X