I Need help...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need help...

on boat insurance. Other than Haggertys any ideas on how to insure a boat that i dumped thousands into.:eek:

Market value is zippo so i will need stated value of some kind. What are all of you folks doing?

Thanks,
    John & Diane Kelly

I went with Hagerty that was underwritten by my Allstate agent. They told me that Allstate will not insure a boat that is more than 25 years old. I have all the usual Libility, unInsured boaters,medical Etc. and stated value,(if it catches on fire I bet she will sink) it was pretty simple and only cost me $328 year Seemed reasonable but did not have many other options. I liked having my Allstate agent involved because we have all our Insurance through the same guy for over 20 years.
    Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

john:
      My insurance co. would only insure my boat for the value of the motor and trailer unless certified appraiser would appraise the boat for more than $1K. It would seem that Haggerty's would be the only Classic Boat insurance possibility within reason.
      ChuckB
      "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Thanks Chuck and Rick. Sounds like Haggerty's. I for one will not take it out without insurance to cover my behind! Thanks again!
        John & Diane Kelly

Comment

I got a quote from Haggerty with the club discount and one from my Allstate agent and it came out exactly the same, I'm sure that Haggerty gives the agents a better discount I know he is making something? I like having a local middleman. Good Luck
          Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Hi John:

I have used State Farm for my boat trailer and motor. I originally set the value at $4000.00 but then upped it due to the restoration costs to $10,000 and they accepted it. I simply I towed the boat right up to their front office window for them to appraise. As long as I pay the premium for 10k, they will insure it for that.

Best,

Bob

Comment

Thanks Bob i will try my agent first then go from there! The Marvelous is pretty much done except insurance so launching is imminent.
              John & Diane Kelly

Comment

You might look at Boat US
                1959 Skagit 20 Offshore inboard

Mike and Judy Kronick

Comment

Got my answer...

My insurance Company uses Progressive insurance. $15,000 for $193.00 per year! I am happy with that!
                  John & Diane Kelly

Comment

Working...
                  X