Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eldorado update

Hi all,
    I,m slowly working on the eldorado, I just don't seem to be able to get a good block of time to work on it. I pulled the cast aluminum end caps off the fins and the aluminum extrusion off top of the transom. The transom wood is PERFECT!! The top edge of the transom is bare wood so I plan to seal it with git-rot and install the aluminum pieces with marine sealer.
    The interior was original tan speckle paint like 1950's automotive trunk paint. I was kicking around the idea of finishing the interior with white rhino-lining. Has anyone ever used spray on bed liner material in a marine application? Just a thought.
    Thanks, Larry
    Larry Ellingson

Originally posted by Twinblade, post: 4180
    Hi all,
    I,m slowly working on the eldorado, I just don't seem to be able to get a good block of time to work on it. I pulled the cast aluminum end caps off the fins and the aluminum extrusion off top of the transom. The transom wood is PERFECT!! The top edge of the transom is bare wood so I plan to seal it with git-rot and install the aluminum pieces with marine sealer.
    The interior was original tan speckle paint like 1950's automotive trunk paint. I was kicking around the idea of finishing the interior with white rhino-lining. Has anyone ever used spray on bed liner material in a marine application? Just a thought.
    Thanks, Larry
    Hi Larry. I know about that Blocking out time thing. Its like Which one do I work on first.

Never heard about using that spray on bed liner. Just wonder what one would have to do to assure it sticks well
    Anyway, sounds cool
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Larry.
      I was considering a Rhino liner type coating in my boat. I have it in my pickup bed and I've never seen any coating as tough as that stuff. I know they use it in Iraq to reinforce cement block buildings against bomb blasts. Should be OK in a boat.. Good non-skid too. Hang in there. Great project.
      Mike.
      1959 Skagit 20 Offshore inboard

Mike and Judy Kronick

Comment

Rhino lining

Hey guys,
        The Rhino liner is tough stuff, it coats my safe Boat foam and the first hull was tested hard and lasted years even cutting my Herring Bait right on the surface.
        They also use it to coat the Alaska Pipeline which is where it first came from.
        The only failure I`ve seen with it is with bare Alum that was in Salt or was not primed at all.They usually scuff the surface coated with Scotchbrite with hand ,then spray away.
        I`d prep it for them and sterilize the edges and corners so they can`t skip it or skim thru the prep stage.
        Some coatings do "grab" your rubber soled shoes so maybe a test stroll in a completed pick-up bed is in order.
        Goodluck,
        TimM
        unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
        15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
        SeaRay 175BR
        Hi-Laker lapline
        14` Trailorboat

Comment

Working...
        X