one of our recent trips to lake cushman

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one of our recent trips to lake cushman

we've been really trying to use rather than work on our skagit this summer after a winter of re-wiring and replacing all chrome and lighting, thanks to perko, its a great lake with many launces and many private coves fro swimming, be sure to bring at least one or more anchors as there is not much beach, its mostly stone into the water, but often 4-6 ft deep just a few feet from shore, and yes the water is plenty warm for swimming, and yes my 5 year old is driving the 50 yrs old skagit! cant startem to young!
    Attached Files

Looks like fun.

Do you have more information, where is the best place to launch? What is the most interesting sights or must do things to see along the lake? I have a relative visiting from North Dokata next week, this maybe a good trip to take her on.
    Thank you for the idea. Lowell
    1956 Enduracraft Monterey
    1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
    1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

lake cushman launches

we always launch from the" lake cushman resort and camp ground" its the first place to launch on the lake. they have a n ice paved ramp and a dock. for day trips there is parking where you dont need to disconnect. $5 dollar launch fee and 5$ parking fee , there are cabins, tent sites, trailor sites, and motorhome sites, we took a 33' on the fourth. also overnite moorage is available. there is also a state park with lauch but weve not tried there. once on the lake scenary is beautiful, most of the homes are on one side, the other side is fairly natural with big rocky boulders to the waterline. reminds me a lot of the san juans. all kinds of private cove to pull up into. at the other end of the lake the road leads to staircase is lake side and drivers often pull over to swim, point of notice ir the giant rock covered by jumpers, nice to pull up and watch. lots of beauty and crystal clear water for snorkeling, although havent seen any fish while doing it
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X