Water in fuel is...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in fuel is...

[ATTACH]3647.vB[/ATTACH][ATTACH]3648.vB[/ATTACH][ATTACH]3649.vB[/ATTACH][ATTACH]3650.vB[/ATTACH]
    resolved. Well after i installed the new Optimax the smartguage would beep violently (well four loud beeps) letting me know i had water in my fuel. Mind you i have two brand new Moeller tanks,all new fuel lines and connections,water fuel seperator,yada yada yada!! After dumping out about a total of 25 gallons of fuel at various times i was getting mad.
    Then i figured it out that in calm lake water i would have no problems but in rougher Puget Sound or Columbia River i got the dreaded Beep,beep,beep,beep! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Rougher water and whala! My fuel vents. I would never have thought the tiny holes would cause so much grief but they did. I changed them out to the Attwoods i have picture of and no more water in my fuel. The Attwoods act like plumbing under your sink while letting air in but no water. I shot the garden hose directly at them for awhile and no water came out. I think i am the only one that has had this problem. Oh by the way... with the Merc 115hp Black Stack on the same boat same setup it ran fine. Guess the ole Mercs will burn anything.
    Attached Files
    John & Diane Kelly

congrats on fingering that out and thanks for the tip...just getting ready to install a pair of those saddle tanks myself and it'll be nice avoiding the hassle and waste

anything huh?

as the current owner of that stack that's comforting to hear...

We've been wondering what to do with all those bottles of cheap wine we get for Christmas...hmmmm

;-p

...Ric
    '59 19' Glasspar Club Mariner (for sale)
    '63 17' OMC Deluxe (My current lust boat)
    '65 16' Evinrude Sweet 16 (for sale)

Comment

Well at least the stack was only in a lake. I think some (alot)of the water also came in from compulsive washing of the Marvelous. No more problemo's now!
      John & Diane Kelly

Comment

Working...
      X