Good boats, great friends!...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good boats, great friends!...

The Northwest Classic Boat Club has great potential to be a fun gathering place for "old skool" affecianados...touting members with expertise in all areas, plentiful and beautiful waterways, and interesting characters with much to say-not to mention the thousands of vintage NW built hulls.

As a newer member, I enjoy perusing this and other enthusiast sites while waiting for the many chemical reactions necessary for a repaired boat(s!!!) to become seaworthy. It is frustrating to see the lack of response to interesting queries and the lack of new material (that is in each of your heads waiting to reach the screen); given all of the foot traffic shown at the bottom of this page. The atmosphere seems heavy around here and other related sites, which could be based in the economy, strength of boater's personalities as a genre, or from the pervasive politics of "clubs" in general.

Whether you like my opinions or not, I plan to keep participating in the discussion and hopefully an event before summer disappears beneath the clouds....and encourage everyone to do the same.

POST AWAY, or be a landlubber!

Whats happing Greg?...You reading from a TelePrompter?,,sorry man it was just too easy..Post up some pic's I would like to see the chemical reactions..
    Later bud...
    Tim..(160 posts)...but whos counting....

Comment

OK, I will dive in! Seems to me nobody has a sense of humor anymore, except for Jack of coarse!

Don't let reality ruin your day!

Comment

Originally posted by timw, post: 6228
        Whats happing Greg?...You reading from a TelePrompter?,,sorry man it was just too easy..Post up some pic's I would like to see the chemical reactions..
        Tim

Sorry Tim, I was listening to classical and sipping a spot of tea when I posted this morning. Now that I have had a morning of polyurethane fumes and am rockin' Metallica, my thoughts can be distilled down a bit.

Translation: Fresh content = interesting= more cool old boats around

I agree with Stray's comment... but am still offended!!

PS: would post chemical reaction photos but they are like watching paint dry...how about one from the wooden waterski emporium for now
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Straycat, post: 6230
          OK, I will dive in! Seems to me nobody has a sense of humor anymore, except for Jack of coarse!
          Thats why he's the "wonder Dog".

Comment

Originally posted by WorkRelease, post: 6232

Sorry Tim, I was listening to classical and sipping a spot of tea when I posted this morning. Now that I have had a morning of polyurethane fumes and am rockin' Metallica, my thoughts can be distilled down a bit.

PS: would post chemical reaction photos but they are like watching paint dry...how about one from the wooden waterski emporium for now
            I Like the skies, I was Herb O'brien's 61st empolye (O'brien & H.O.skies) back in the day...lots of stories..Herb is a nut.....

Comment

Originally posted by WorkRelease, post: 6232

Greg,
              Tell me it's And Justice or earlier and I'll understand.

Comment

If the boats a rockin'...

Any pizza is good pizza, Joe!

We are trying to get the our customized 1961 Glastron Fireflite Jet conversion completed for the next event(s)??...and have been wearing out the pre-90's Metallica, so I have broken out the newer stuff on shuffle...

Tim- If you have any less than R-rated stories about the "Obrien days" that would be awesome for the Flotsam category, would love to read a good Herb story.

Comment

Lon

I resemble that remark.
                  Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
                  Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Working...
                  X