Rosario goes to Matia Island

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosario goes to Matia Island

Had a fantastic voyage to Matia Island today in Rosario. So nice to have a boat we can depend on. (Thanks again Chuck Carey for selling her to us!) Took Becky and pup Joy. Had about a 1 foot chop which was a bit scary for the pup so we ran over mostly at around 10 mph to avoid bumps. Sunny day.
    We had the dock and the whole State Park to ourselves (except for a river otter that entertained Joy.) I'll see if I can manage to post a few pictures.
    Attached Files
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

What a gorgeous day for a cruise! But don't you miss the adventure of not knowing if the motor is going to run?

Comment

Ya know what? I actually kind of enjoy having a boat I have faith in! Tomorrow I think we'll go to Doe Island off Orcas and maybe fish a bit around Pt. Lawrence and maybe Lummi Rocks. If I still have fuel and not too much sunburn, Saturday will be another boating adventure!

Comment

Jerry, you can buy more fuel and it's easy to prevent sunburn. Go boating!!

Comment

Jerry, Glad you and Becky are having a good time with Rosario ! Best Chuck
          1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
          1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Okay. Didn't get to Doe Island last week as I ran into 2-3 foot waves on west side of Lummi. Today's weather calls for 5-15 mph winds and mostly sunny. When the tide comes in enough that we can launch, we'll give Rosario another chance to show her stuff. Then Saturday Baker Lake without Rosario and perhaps Sunday a run to Sucia to see if any Bartenders are still hanging around.

Comment

Jerry, You need Becky to take a new picture of you with the Rosario. Chuck
              1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
              1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Working...
              X