Beautiful Bertram Up For Sale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful Bertram Up For Sale

I really hate to do it, but my beautiful 1965 20 ft. Bertram is now up for sale too (see classifieds). Whichever boat sells first will be the sacreficial boat that replenishes my bank account.

Any of these three would be truely a bargain, clearly offered by a desperate man (LOL). If anyone is particularly interested in seeing one, let me know and I'll bring it to Mason Lake this weekend.

Doug

Sorry, But I've Changed My Mind On The Bertram

I just can't part with this boat.

It fits me too nice and is just a dream to drive. If I sell her I will just be on the hunt for another, and I'll never find a boat like this one for as inexpensive as I attempted to sell her for. So it's best I just keep her.

My Bertram will be my day cruiser, and my Beachcraft will be my overnighter.

The Powercat and the Alumacraft will be my sacreficial boats. They too are great boats, but something has to go.

Sorry for the tease.

Doug G.

Comment

I know the feeling!!!

Doug,
      Let me tell you a short story. About a year ago or so, I sold my skagit 20. I took the cash and watched her drive away. I took the money, stuck it in my dresser drawer and let it sit.
      For two weeks I sat at home or work cussing myself for the decision. I finally could not take it anymore. I called the kind gentleman on the phone, expressed my heartache and fully expected a "SORRY" on the other end.

To my pleasant surprise I was answered with a "SURE". I grabbed the cash, jumped in the truck and headed out. I handed over the cash, hooked her up and drove her home.

She now sits in my garage and I honestly go out and look at her daily. There is something about a boat that burns a place in your heart sometimes. Some people can let them come and go and not think twice. I for one think that once in awhile you find one that grabs you and wont let go.

I'm glad you have found the one for you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mrusson, post: 6871
        Doug,
        Let me tell you a short story. About a year ago or so, I sold my skagit 20. I took the cash and watched her drive away. I took the money, stuck it in my dresser drawer and let it sit.
        For two weeks I sat at home or work cussing myself for the decision. I finally could not take it anymore. I called the kind gentleman on the phone, expressed my heartache and fully expected a "SORRY" on the other end.

To my pleasant surprise I was answered with a "SURE". I grabbed the cash, jumped in the truck and headed out. I handed over the cash, hooked her up and drove her home.

She now sits in my garage and I honestly go out and look at her daily. There is something about a boat that burns a place in your heart sometimes. Some people can let them come and go and not think twice. I for one think that once in awhile you find one that grabs you and wont let go.

I'm glad you have found the one for you!!!
        WOW, He let you have it back. He Too might have had regrets. Im sure you would have offerd him more $$$ if he asked or said no. Its only Money right??? It comes and goes....... Im glad to hear a story such as this, mike
        >>>Mike<<<

Comment

Heartaches

And I'll never forgive myself for not buying back the first car I ever bought -yes, the actual car, a 1966 MGB-GT - when I ran across it on a lot in South Everett a year and a half ago.

It still had all the mods I had made to it in place, the motor I built was running strong, it needed to be re-restored as it was now rusty, so I gave them a standing offer well below the asking price, but in line with real value and checked on it every few months. Then I got the call that they had sold it for $300 more than my offer - nearly a year after I had last driven it.

Had I bought it back, my son would have had the chance to drive the same car his dad did while a student at Western, which is the college he is attending...

I should have followed my heart, instead of common sense on this one...

Dick Dow

Comment

Sometimes you get a second chance...

Originally posted by Dick Dow, post: 6940
            And I'll never forgive myself for not buying back the first car I ever bought -yes, the actual car, a 1966 MGB-GT - when I ran across it on a lot in South Everett a year and a half ago.

Dick Dow
            The best pickup I ever owned came back to me- I'd driven it for several years and it was a really good rig, but I was strapped for cash and couldn't afford the gas for it, so I reluctantly sold it to someone who just wanted the engine. It went through another owner, then sat in a third owner's backyard (w/o the engine) until I spotted it while out engine hunting with a friend years later. I remarked that it had been the best pickup I ever owned and the guy said "Want it back? $300 as sits" I said SURE! and showed up the next day with cash and a car hauler.
            "The beatings will continue until moral improves..."

Pat Drewery

Comment

Last July I donated my '61 Thompson Cabin Cruiser to a local thrift store. Watched it sit outside in the blazing sun for a month and a half. Offered them a modest donation to get her back, after 3 anxious days they called and accepted. Hooked her up and brought her back home. I can relate!!!

Comment

Working...
              X