Grand and glorious trip to LaConner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand and glorious trip to LaConner

Since I didn't make the 'round Fidalgo outing, we launched Rosario this morning and, at 10 a.m., headed to LaConner for breakfast. Weather calm, warm and sunny. Forgot how slow the Swinomish Channel is. "No Wake" to us seemed to be about 5-6 mph so it took almost an hour from the bridge after making the first 17 miles in 45 minutes. Arrived at Calico Cupboard and tied up to the Sea Scout's dock (they were away somewhere and, after all, the dock was provided by Dunlap Towing, the maker of the Skagit.) Got there at 11:30 to learn the full breakfast ends at 11:20. No banana/coconut pancakes for us. The good news, we'll have to try again a bit earlier next week.
    Just a wonderful trip. Boat and motor performed flawlessly (I'm almost getting to expect that) and the wind was calm and the day warm and sunny. Life is good. No, make that "great"!
    Attached Files
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

1120? jeez ;-p

way to go Jerry...looks like you'll have more hours on her in a few months than she had in her 1st 50 years...

Looking forward to catching up to you

;-p

...Ric
    '59 19' Glasspar Club Mariner (for sale)
    '63 17' OMC Deluxe (My current lust boat)
    '65 16' Evinrude Sweet 16 (for sale)

Comment

At my age, I say "you gotta use it or lose it!" If you wander over Lummi Island way, we are leaving for E. WA next week when the ferry comes back and our dock gets pulled from the water for the winter Oct. 5.
      There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Working...
      X