Does anybody have one of these ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody have one of these ?

I sure could use one of these for doing the fake caulking on my 1957 Club Lido.
    Take a look at the pix.
    Thanks
    Mike aka pathfinderz1
    Attached Files
    Red sails at night a sailors delight Red sails in the morn sailors be warned

Interesting tool. If you can't find one, you could always mask off each section. A pain for sure but would probably get the job done. Or you could just lay it in by hand and keep a dish of water and some paper towels handy for wiping of excess.

Good luck!
    John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
    Past Affairs:
    '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

It is a common pinstripping tool used in pin stripping cars. Clint

Comment

Yes it's a pinstriping tool. But I can't see paying a $100 for one when its only going to be used once. If I can't get one of these. I can get a pinstrping brush and do it by hand.
        Mike aka pathfinderz1

Comment

These Beugler pinstriping tools are commonly used by the wooden boat restoration guys. Beugler also made specific tool wheels for Chris-Craft in the 1930's to 1950's for painting (striping) the wooden deck seams. However, there are also some restoration guys that prefer to use the masking method to achieve that perfect / sharp pin stripe.

[ATTACH]4015.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4016.vB[/ATTACH]

Duke
          Attached Files

Comment

A vary nice person from one of our other sites was nice enough to lone me one.
            Thanks
            Mike aka pathfinderz1

Comment

Mike, let us know how that tool works out for you. Thanks.
              Steve Kiesel
              1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

If it works out good I will do better like post pic of it when done.
                Mike aka pathfinderz1

Comment

Working...
                X