Cover to cover the cover

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cover to cover the cover

After spending over $1,000 for a custom Sunbrella cover for Rosario, I couldn't bring myself to leave that cover exposed to bird crap and leaf stains this winter. Went to WalMart and bought a $70 cover to go over the cover! Well, it makes sense to me!
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

I got one of WalMarts boat covers and it is suppose to stand up to towing. It hasn't been on the road once and the seams are coming apart. But we do have winds out here sometimes over 41mph.
    Got some of the glue that is advertized on TV and it work good on the seams.
    Mike aka pathfinderz1
    Red sails at night a sailors delight Red sails in the morn sailors be warned

Comment

Thanks for the good news Mike! I don't watch ads on TV. What kind of glue should I be buying? The weatherman says we'll have winds to 35 mph today. Guess i should get Rosario insured. Don't want any trees falling on her!

Comment

Well the cover did last for about 3 months before it started coming apart. The glue I got is Mighty mendit. Haven't seen it advertized for a while now but it works better the the orignal stiching for hold it togather and it is flexable. Hope yours holds up better then mine. One other thing if you get a dip in it and it holds water it may leak.
        Mike aka pathfinderz1
        Red sails at night a sailors delight Red sails in the morn sailors be warned

Comment

Originally posted by Lootas1, post: 7152
          After spending over $1,000 for a custom Sunbrella cover for Rosario, I couldn't bring myself to leave that cover exposed to bird crap and leaf stains this winter. Went to WalMart and bought a $70 cover to go over the cover! Well, it makes sense to me!
          Ya, you need to protect your investment. If it were me, I would spend another $10 on a "Blue tarp" to keep the rain and moisture out. But it does need to "breath" on the sides.

Forget the insurance and invest in a chain saw to cut down the trees. Marty has enough work.

Comment

Have the chain saw but trees are on neighbor's property and she's a tree hugger. Never mind that they are nearly dead old alders. They stand until they fall
            Jerry

Comment

Nearly Dead Trees

You might tell your neighbors that the nearly dead trees are a safety hazard. I'm not a lawyer but I think the onus is on them if they fall. An "act of God" may not apply anymore.

Anyway, when my neighbor said he thought the big pine near our property line was dangerous (ant invasion in trunk), I got it down fast.
              1959 Sande Ace with a conglomeration of Cloud White Mercury 4-cylinder parts.
              http://www.sandeace.com

Comment

It must be the Rosario...

Originally posted by Lootas1, post: 7152
                And all this time we thought it was just ChuckC being overly fussy. Maybe it is really the boat that has this effect...
                "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Working...
                X