Guess who I met at my 45th high school reunion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess who I met at my 45th high school reunion

My 45th Highline reunion was saturday. Scott and Fran were there and enjoyed talking to them about how much they like Welike.

About 2/3 through the evening, Scott came over and said, hey Tim, there is someone I'd like you to meet.

Met Linda (won't give here last name here). Howard Roberts, the main man, designer at Skagit was Linda's uncle. Linda said her dad (Howard's brother) worked for Howard for about a year and a half. In late 60's if I recall correctly, Howard built a 42 footer for his brother. Linda said it was a beautiful and very well built boat.

More on this later.

Lots going on on my restoration. My daughter came up two weeks ago and we got the antiskid on the decks. Look great. Now I can install all the deck hardware. Photos forthcoming.

I've moved the photos to my album.

Tim aka McSkagit
    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Highline?

Gee, I went to Highline in the 70's. HIGHline was a very appropriate name for the school in the 70's ...

Comment

Highline

Hey Tims,
      We live on the same street in Burien ,and my oldest daughter Emily will be going there in a couple more years.
      Maybe my G-3 will be done around the time she graduates Highline.......
      It could be worse,.....err....,did I say that?
      Keep up the faith.
      Tim M
      Lake Burien
      ps any Highliners are more than welcome if in our neighborhood!
      My High school has dropped it`s old Indian Logo for a more Politically correct "Wildcat".Used to be a good rivalry between Chief Sealth and the old Indians.Back in the day......
      unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
      15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
      SeaRay 175BR
      Hi-Laker lapline
      14` Trailorboat

Comment

Indians

Yeah we were Indians too till the politically correct police came and busted us. Now all those poor kids are Eagles.

Issaquah Indians forever!
        Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
        Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Originally posted by Tim_Mattson, post: 7331
          Hey Tims,
          We live on the same street in Burien ,and my oldest daughter Emily will be going there in a couple more years.
          Maybe my G-3 will be done around the time she graduates Highline.......
          It could be worse,.....err....,did I say that?
          Keep up the faith.
          Tim M
          Lake Burien
          ps any Highliners are more than welcome if in our neighborhood!
          My High school has dropped it`s old Indian Logo for a more Politically correct "Wildcat".Used to be a good rivalry between Chief Sealth and the old Indians.Back in the day......
          We lived south of 152nd on 22nd, behind the old Seahurst pharmacy, just before you drop down the hill to the point. Do you know Three Tree Point at all? Remember the old Point store with the wooden floor and the old Coke ice chest on the front porch? My aunt and uncle lived across the street from the store and I spent a lot of time down there in the summer.

Comment

Burien, Seahurst, Three Tree Point

Hello Tim,
            I recall you mentioning Seahurst when you came up. My parents had a number of friends at Three Tree Point. Yes, I visited the Three Tree Point Store in my youth.

Comment

Originally posted by McSkagit Tim Jones, post: 7338
              Hello Tim,
              I recall you mentioning Seahurst when you came up. My parents had a number of friends at Three Tree Point. Yes, I visited the Three Tree Point Store in my youth.
              Tim, do you by any chance remember that big old house across the street to the south from the store? The one that formed the corner of the "Y" and was surrounded by a huge laurel hedge? That was my uncle / aunt's house. My cousin and I had more fun there ...

Tim

Comment

Hey Tim,
                I get down to Burien now and then as my dad's place is there. Drove by your place but didn't see any boats or I would have stopped....

Tim

Comment

Working...
                X