suspending my membership

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspending my membership

I am going to suspend my membership for now because the 4th gear in the transmission of my truck went out. The transmission shop said that it would cost $2000 dollars to fix it. I have decided the truck isn't worth putting that much money in it because of it's age and 180,000 miles. Hopefully sometime in the future I will be able to buy another truck.

Dennis, WHAT a bummer ! Hang in there and keep coming to the events if somehow you can get a tow rig , or better yet just come and bum a ride with someone. People do that all of the time. Don't suspend your membership ! Best, Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Transmission problems?

Dennis,

What kind of transmission do you have? Manual or automatic?

I replaced the rear bearing in the trans of my 86 Ford f-250 4X4 a few years back. It was a big cast iron case 4 speed. Other than getting the thing out of and back into the truck the trans itself was pretty straight forward.

At the moment I have my Muncie M-20 four speed apart. Nothing broken, but has 150K+ miles on it. I've just completed the overhaul and test run of the engine. 360 HP Pontiac GTO 400. Need to get all this stuff back into the car and sold so that I can remain financially afloat.

If your trans is an automatic, you could probably find a good replacement at a wrecking yard for a couple hundred bucks. I'll loan you my transmission jack

Hope things get better in 2010!

McSkagit
      Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Your 2010 Membership

Dennis -

I just passed the hat around the shop and your membership for 2010 has been covered, so no worries--you're good until this time next year. Hope you can either find a cheaper way to repair the transmission (maybe McSkagit's recommendaton about a used one), or find another truck before boating season gets underway.

See you out on the water....

- Marty
        http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

And if you don't get a tow rig up and running, do consider coming boatless to the events. We had a great time chatting with you at the Poker run on Tapps this last year! There are enough boats at my place, you can just use one of them for the day!
          BRIAN FRANCHINI
          LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

Always room in our boat for more when we take the Tabu, Often room when we take one of our other boats. And if it helps, I have an F350 that sits just about all the time.
            Jay

Comment

Obviously, just because you can't keep on trucking doesn't mean you can't keep on boating ...

Comment

suspending my membarship

The transmission is an automatic. I have worked on cars all my life and at my age [going on 63] my old body is tired. I really appreciate what you did Marty, but wasn't necessary. You guys are the greatest and hopefully I will be able to get another truck in the near future.

Comment

Working...
                X